DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

And that's what I did today. I'll miss watching Takeover's but enough is enough, I'm done if they ever start doing the right thing maybe I'll go back. Maybe I'll use my monthly savings to finally subscribe to Stardom's service.

Takeovers air on Hulu. So does 205 Live.

As for me? Well, you can’t cancel your WWE network sub if you never had one.

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Without really wanting to become Generic Foreign Heel on this, the US lecturing anyone on human rights abuses is laughable.

Coming soon! One Night Only From Guantanamo Bay!

I see what you're saying here but I think the biggest issue is that this show is nothing more than apartment wrestling for MBS and the royal family. IF this show was actually for the good people of Saudi Arabia (or any other nation) it'd be different. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Thanks for reminding me: It's not like WWE's the only game for those of us who need our fix of yesteryear's stars desperately clinging to former glory!

PCO vs LA Park: This week on MLW Fusion! 

and Jimmy Havoc vs. Sami Callihan "Spin the wheel, Make the deal"

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I see what you're saying here but I think the biggest issue is that this show is nothing more than apartment wrestling for MBS and the royal family. IF this show was actually for the good people of Saudi Arabia (or any other nation) it'd be different. 

And realistically given we're keeping refugees on an island prison, Super Showdown probably should have been canned also.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

But with Vince being a senile old vengeful asshole I'm sure they'll pay for it in the long run. Like RVD did when he refused to go to Iraq under similar circumstances. 

Van Dam didn't really suffer for that. His knee blew up within a couple weeks of this and he spent 2005 on the shelf. By the time he got back, shit had blown over and he was marching towards MITB and the WWE Championship.

Not to say Bryan won't catch shit of course. Though I doubt he cares. 

• Like 1

No, nonono, it's a genius move. Vince McMahon started the Yes movement, this is how he starts it back up. Book a bunch of shows in Countries with questionable Human Rights records until D-Bry refuses to work one of them, then you can legitimately de-push him as punishment. This will cause his fans to turn on the product because of course they will, they do what they're programmed to do. And then in a ew months he can Main Event Wrestlemania and win the title he was banned from ever competing for again and it's a wonderful redemption story and a magical Wrestlemania moment that was all planned out from years ago.

Also, I'm sulking because nobody noticed my Two Girls One Cup pun on the last page. 

38 minutes ago, AxB said:

No, nonono, it's a genius move. Vince McMahon started the Yes movement, this is how he starts it back up. Book a bunch of shows in Countries with questionable Human Rights records until D-Bry refuses to work one of them, then you can legitimately de-push him as punishment. This will cause his fans to turn on the product because of course they will, they do what they're programmed to do. And then in a ew months he can Main Event Wrestlemania and win the title he was banned from ever competing for again and it's a wonderful redemption story and a magical Wrestlemania moment that was all planned out from years ago. 

giphy.gif 

Also, I'm sulking because nobody noticed my Two Girls One Cup pun on the last page.

We noticed. ;)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, AxB said:

I just went back and noticed it. Well played. I would sooner watch a real scat video than watch WWE presents: Malice at the Palace.

Although, I always preferred Curly to Shemp, Malice at the Palace is one of my favorite Stooges shorts. Sing a Song of Six Pants is another one of my favorite Shemp shorts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

Okay so apparently we have found the line to be drawn in the WWE.   Beheading a reporter with a saw ordered by a foreign leader I don't know we need to "monitor the situation".  Megyn Kelly telling white people that trick or treating in blackface is perfectly normal is TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR and we will not appear on the Today show because of it.

I guess they are adopting the "only accept one really stupid thing at a time" policy.  ?

Did I miss a WWE statement on that whole fiasco? Because if I didn't, then I'm pretty sure the Bellas weren't on her show on Thursday to promote Evolution because... Megyn Kelly doesn't have a show anymore, since NBC cancelled it like, today.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jacques Rougeau had the triple crown of entrance themes. I don't think you can top All American Boys, I'm the Mountie, and We're Not the Mounties.

This is cheating a little but Stan Lane had

Sharp Dressed Man as a Fab

Chase in the MX

Frankenstein as a Heavenly Body

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bold strategy to go with the "We have to go because we need the money" sympathy card

Well if it's good enough for their buddy Trump, who said cutting ties would cost us like 400+ billion and millions of jobs.  Bunch of bullshit.  The fucking unmitigated balls of these people.  "We know it's absolutely unethical, but think about the money."  Two peas in a fucking gold-plated pod, these two white trash millionaires.  They'd be making gas for concentration camps during WWII and counting the dollars if they were alive then. 

My decision to stop supporting WWE when I saw that pic of the McMahon and Trump in the oval office, grinning ear to ear like a bunch of dumb rubes who finally made it to the big city, is constantly proven to be a pretty fucking good one.

Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia,

Oh fuck you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Well if it's good enough for their buddy Trump, who said cutting ties would cost us like 400+ billion and millions of jobs.  Bunch of bullshit.  The fucking unmitigated balls of these people.  "We know it's absolutely unethical, but think about the money."  Two peas in a fucking gold-plated pod, these two white trash millionaires.  They'd be making gas for concentration camps during WWII and counting the dollars if they were alive then. 

I remember when I was a kid, me and some friends were joking around asking about how much money it would take for us to do whatever disgusting thing.  My uncle overheard us and told us, "there is a name for people who are willing to sell their morals for money...prostitutes," and walked away.  I don't understand how any of these people were raised.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I remember when I was a kid, me and some friends were joking around asking about how much money it would take for us to do whatever disgusting thing.  My uncle overheard us and told us, "there is a name for people who are willing to sell their morals for money...prostitutes," and walked away.  I don't understand how any of these people were raised.

Money and power.  You have to understand that charities and foundations are the most abused structures.  Then you look at the tax returns and trace their income back to the charities and foundations each politician owns.  Then you see the dark money passed around behind the scenes.  Then you understand that influence is bought and sold behind the scenes and it is too profitable for each politician to leave.  

Way OT: That wasn't a joke. I support the rights of sex workers and exotic dancer to have control of their own bodies if it's legal and for safety reasons in general. Reduces pimps and sex trafficking and drug addiction.

Back OT: Who here is actually planning on watching this whole event?

• Like 3

Ronda Rousey being a huge supporter of Crown Jewel is funny and really not surprising.  She would probably get her ass kicked back in UFC, she doesn't have the love for the business to work TNA or the indies, and she is still too young in the WWE to really have a voice.  The people who are standing up against really don't worry about the consequences.