DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

Taker could definitely get away with refusing to work - he won't - be he definitely could get away with it.

Bryan probably can because the AJ/Bryan match is an afterthought on the show.

The only match that matters is the Brothers of Destruction vs. DX match since that is the only one the Prince and the fans care about

I mean they (the Saudis) don't care about the "World Cup" just that they are holding a "World Cup" (because somehow that equals Qatar hosting the soccer World Cup)

Pro Wrestling Sheet says that they have confirmed that Bryan told management that he wouldn't work the show

The response they got from the WWE when ask for comment

A rep for WWE replied to our request for comment on the matter saying: “As always, we maintain an open line of communication with our performers and will address each situation accordingly.”

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Love certain FB rubes going on and on about how "they should just all refuse to go, Vince can't fire everyone!" No, asswipe, but he CAN fire them. And they have over 150 contracted male wrestlers (I'll repeat that again, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY CONTRACTED MALE WRESTLERS) who I imagine would be okay with swallowing their pride and working the show. They could FE the entire lineup for Riyadh and swap in replacements 10 times over if they had to.

If that happened the resulting fallout from the negative publicity would cause their stock to plummet like a stone. And in theory if he did fire the whole roster they end up in ROH or the potential Elite/Jericho promotion and you have the first serious competitor since WCW died.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Pro Wrestling Sheet says that they have confirmed that Bryan told management that he wouldn't work the show

The response they got from the WWE when ask for comment

Samoa Joe better pack his bags for a few extra days then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If that happened the resulting fallout from the negative publicity would cause their stock to plummet like a stone. And in theory if he did fire the whole roster they end up in ROH or the potential Elite/Jericho promotion and you have the first serious competitor since WCW died.

This is why wrestling unions need to happen.  Hell, it's why more people need to join unions in general.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Valcourt said:

Anyone here angry enough about this show to cancel their network sub? Not looking to debate but I’m curious. 

I am. I won’t be subscribing to the network anymore. 

I still live in a country that sells them the weapons that allow Saudi Arabia to commit a genocide.  The money I pay in taxes does far more harm than what I pay for the network.  The WWE are assholes, but this is a drop in a very large bucket.  I'm not going to watch the show, but I don't watch the current main roster product anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

For anyone this puts a really bad taste in your mouth, the cancellation button is right there. Just saying. Tact has never been WWE's strong suit. 

And that's what I did today. I'll miss watching Takeover's but enough is enough, I'm done if they ever start doing the right thing maybe I'll go back. Maybe I'll use my monthly savings to finally subscribe to Stardom's service.

• Like 1

I cancelled when they donated six million to Turnip while former talent had to use crowd funding for surgery. I got passwords from friends but never bothered watching it for free. I find the not paying former talent royalties on the network a bigger issue with WWE than this show. 

As mentioned above, our government is in bed with the Saudis and had no issues with them funding 9/11.  Though hey, maybe ask them about this the next time they are kissing the troops ass. 

• Like 2

Yes, yes, every country basically sucks. I don't and never would give the WWE money for anything again. Also, since when have they ever done anything actually good for the world outside of starting a few charities and promoting some mediocre to shitty ones? As an entity they're decrepit and know no bottom. Kind of like a coal baron or Oil company executive or a banking executive.

46 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Without really wanting to become Generic Foreign Heel on this, the US lecturing anyone on human rights abuses is laughable.

Coming soon! One Night Only From Guantanamo Bay!

Still haven't resorted to bonesaws and crucifixion! Yet...

Is there actually anything except DX vs Destruction Bros and the No Girls World Cup announced? Because that means big chunks of the roster(s) aren't necessarily booked to begin with. If New Day aren't there, did they refuse or weren't they ever going to be?