DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null
3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

And we're LIVE from Null in the province of Null.  

That's a misprint. It's actually being moved to the Isle of Mull.

Yes, that's a real place. It's on the Scottish Coast.

More seriously, I don't think there's any way that this show can go ahead as advertised, unless they do the Wrestlemania 3 multiple arena deal. Because obviously, if people advertised for the show are refusing to go to the KSA, you've got to move it. But if you move it, everyone who's coming back for a fat Saudi payoff (Michaels and Lesnar mostly) is going to want to still get paid. And I don't see Vince being willing to give them $10 Milly of his own money for one match. So... double arenas. Riyadh and somewhere like Manchester, England (nb: Neither City of United has a home game on the 2nd, which could have been a banana skin. You'd think arranging a large public event in a major city like Manchester at short notice would be difficult, but Ariana Grande managed in). The World Cup entrants will presumably be split between continents, so therefore only the first round will take place on this show. Which opens time up where the semis and finals would have been happening. So on the Saudi feed, that's where you air all the "Saudi Arabia, what a fantastic place" propaganda vids. And on the Rest of the World feed... Women's Match!

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

More seriously, I don't think there's any way that this show can go ahead as advertised, unless they do the Wrestlemania 3 multiple arena deal.

Picking nits but you mean Mania 2

Speaking of him...

Hulk Hogan said in an interview with the Orlando Sentinel this week that he is “looking forward” to working with WWE in the future.

“There are a lot of plans in the works,” Hogan said. “I’m looking forward to going to Saudi Arabia with the WWE, looking forward to WrestleMania -- but yeah, we’re moving forward at a rapid pace. It’s exciting to have this opportunity again after all these years where I was there and gone.”

Hogan resurfaced in WWE back in July, holding a backstage meeting with the locker room at Extreme Rules where he talked about his situation. WWE announced at the time that he had been reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame after being removed and fired from the company in 2015 after using racist language in leaked audio.  WWE noted then that Hogan wasn't under contract, and he has not been brought in for any appearances on television.

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of him...

Hasn't it been reported that the Crown Prince who is behind the deal with the WWE is a big 80's 90's wrestling fan so bring Hulk with them doesn't seam out of the blue. I mean its a big difference between him being there and him being on the show.

I felt like he was talking more about in general in the future rather than this specific show. He's looking forward to a future with WWE and wants to be involved, looking forward to WrestleMania, future trips for SaudiMania events, etc. These shows do seem like the best bet for Hulkster appearing on a WWE program again though.

They had this odd obsession in the mid 90s for having a match take place partly or entirely at a different location. Goldust vs Piper on a Hollywood backlot, Mankind vs Undertaker in an arena basement, Owen Hart vs Ken Shamrock in the theatre section of MSG, or in Stu Hart's basement. Still not as weird as Dustin Rhodes wrestling in a cage on the back of a truck, mind.

6 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Well shit now I am fantasizing how awesome Crown Jewel from the Hardy Compound would be.

The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels brawling into the Lake of Reincarnation would be amazing. They both go under and Taker comes back up dressed as he was in 1992 and HBK comes back up with a full head of hair.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Oh shit, Hogan coming back, hitting a walking frame assisted big boot/legdrop on Lesnar, finally GETTING HIS WIN BACK, and then celebrating with the Saudi Royal Family, complete with pulling off someone's keffiyeh to wear as he poses as the show goes off air would just be perfect.

just use the AXE BOMBER

51 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Oh shit, Hogan coming back, hitting a walking frame assisted big boot/legdrop on Lesnar, finally GETTING HIS WIN BACK, and then celebrating with the Saudi Royal Family, complete with pulling off someone's keffiyeh to wear as he poses as the show goes off air would just be perfect.

In the post match promo, Hogan would refer to everyone in attendance as sand n-words.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3