DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

Per the newest report from The Wrap (and it is still so weird to have Entertainment sites covering wrestling) - the WWE will make its final decision tomorrow as they are awaiting for the latest reports from Turkey's investigation which are supposed to be released today.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Any chance they pivot and run the exact same card stateside? Cena might work that to juice sales in a pinch.

Run it stateside with cheap last minute tickets and donating all the proceeds to Leukemia research seems like it would be a pretty slam dunk PR win if they're willing to give up the cash money. 

• Like 2

IF they move it, the UK would make the most sense because it still fits with the royal theme and Raw/Smackdown are being taped there next week anyway. 

Otherwise, I'd say have them throw a boatload of money at an American soccer or baseball stadium and try to sell it out fast with cheap ass tickets. 

Just give Braun the fucking belt. Give him a run with see how he does, shit they can always give it to Dean to sweeten him and Rollins are have Cena win the World Cup and he "cashes it in" for a match for the Universal title then you can have your 17th Historical Championship reign. Just put it on Braun and run with it until atleast the Rumble. See if he can draw, I think Braun could be a big draw for them if they would just pull the fucking trigger.

• Like 2

It just seems like Braun's been that guy they've wanted for a while, and surprised they haven't given the belt to him sooner. 

As for location, I just don't see how they can hold it at Saudi Arabia at this point. But does it make me a horrible person to want it to happen in Saudi Arabia just to see what would result from it? 

3 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

They are doing the slow build with Braun over years so that when it comes *something something* rather than hot shot it onto him for cheap pops and media attention *cough* Rousey *cough*

It seems like now would be the time, last September he had his chance against Brock for the title and lost. Now a little over 15 months later he gets a 2nd chance against Brock who just costed him a Championship match recently. Last year all it took was one F-5, Braun should kick out of the F-5 in this match be a cool moment. I also think Braun has grown a lot as a performer in the last year and he's "ready" now. I thought he was ready last September. 

Brock is fighting Daniel Cormier (or possibly Derrick Lewis) in UFC... some time before March 20th 2019. So if he's winning the WWE Universal title, he's dropping it quickly. No way they're letting him fight an MMA match as WWE champion. Especially if he loses to a guy who might be commentating Smackdown a couple of months later.

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

Brock is fighting Daniel Cormier (or possibly Derrick Lewis) in UFC... some time before March 20th 2019. So if he's winning the WWE Universal title, he's dropping it quickly. No way they're letting him fight an MMA match as WWE champion. Especially if he loses to a guy who might be commentating Smackdown a couple of months later.

Giving Brock the title would make no sense for the reason you listed which is why they will hotshot the belt back onto Brock.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Drew's getting added to the title match, I think. Braun doesn't need the belt, Bork's doing his MMA stuff. Drew's the guy you strap the rocket to in Roman's absence. 

and the inevitable title feud with Dolph Ziggler...ugh

If Drew got the title, a "feud" with Ziggler over the title would be a one off PPV shot in December, and then back to nowhere for Dolph where he should be.

But I don't think Drew will be added to the match or win the title. Instead, Drew will get the one off title match in December against Braun. He'll lose. And then get shuffled to the mid-card with Dolph, where he eventually wins the IC title in the ladder match at Mania.

• Sad 1