DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/4/18 & 10/11/18

Some out of order/taped for previous weeks shows

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 4, 2018 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Matt Sydal def. Rich Swann after interference from Ethan Page, who aligned with Sydal.

*La Parka def. Eli Drake via countout. Scarlett Bordeaux did commentary.

*Murder Clown (w/ Katarina) def. Joe Hendry (w/ Grado) with a top rope splash. After the match, Murder Clown put Hendry through a table with another top rope splash.

*Johnny Impact comes out for a promo and calls out Austin Aries. Aries comes out with his arm in a sling, claiming to be injured. They go back and forth on the mic with Aries eventually saying he won't bring Kross & Moose out with him at BFG because he's the best in the world and doesn't need anyone to beat Johnny. Aries ended up cheap shotting Johnny, revealing the injury was fake. Johnny fought him off and ended up laying him out.

*Su Yung (w/ the Undead Maid of Honor) def. Kiera Hogan (w/ Allie) with the Panic Switch. After the match, they brawl ending with Su putting Kiera into the casket.

*Brian Cage, Fenix, & Pentagon Jr. def. oVe (Sami Callihan, Dave & Jake Crist) via DQ when Callihan shoved the referee and the two teams continued brawling after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 11, 2018 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Petey Williams def. Jack Evans, Trevor Lee, & Puma King

*Maximo def. Grado with a rollup after kissing him. After the match, they shook hands and Grado kissed him back before leaving.

*Rohit Raju def. Gursinder Singh in a Loser Leaves Town match forced upon them by The Great Gama, who deemed that the loser of the match would be out of the Desi Hit Squad and go back to India.

*Austin Aries, Moose, & Killer Kross def. Johnny Impact, Eddie Edwards, & Fallah Bahh when Aries pinned Johnny after the Brainbuster.

*Tessa Blanchard def. Keyra after the Buzzsaw DDT

*LAX and the OGz had their final in-ring summit that ended with a brawl.

5 hours ago, Dewar said:

WCW La Parka = L.A. Park now

Fake La Parka = the La Parka that would be appearing on Impact.

I know (who doesn't), but I thought Park might be back to using his old name for some reason. Soon as I saw the lack of gut I knew it wasn't him. And Murder Clown don't make up for it. 

Fucking Fake La Parka...

• Like 3

Impact needs me as a consultant to teach Don Callis and Josh Mathews the difference between a casket and a coffin. I cringe everytime they call a casket a coffin. I can't explain why it annoys me so badly, but it does. I guess I have more quirks than the average funeral professional.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This was a real fun show overall. I've thought the build for BFG has been lacking, especially compared to Slammiversary, but this episode finally kicked ass and took the build to the next level. Sydal/Swann was a real good opener, they work well together. Joe Hendry's song was hilarious, enjoyed their match. Aries' promo was absolutely killer.. excellent stuff there, the master indeed. Popped for the "You'll have to be Johnny 205" line. Everything got a little bit of solid build, liked the little LAX segment and the fun movie scene from Eddie/Alisha/Moose/Kross. Even the minor Smokeshow segment introduced Jack Evans and Puma King, setting up next week nicely. Wild brawl to end the show, good stuff.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Impact needs me as a consultant to teach Don Callis and Josh Mathews the difference between a casket and a coffin. I cringe everytime they call a casket a coffin. I can't explain why it annoys me so badly, but it does. I guess I have more quirks than the average funeral professional.

To be fair, none of us outside the funeral industry know the difference between a casket and a coffin.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gorman said:

To be fair, none of us outside the funeral industry know the difference between a casket and a coffin.

I had to be reminded of it recently myself, but isn't it that a casket is just a box like the one Su uses and a coffin is the high-quality one that you see at funerals?  If so then at least WWE got that part right.

And I was happy to hear La Parka get a lot of hate in the crowd.  Fuck that guy and going by his match last night he's so not worthy of calling himself that.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And I was happy to hear La Parka get a lot of hate in the crowd.  Fuck that guy and going by his match last night he's so not worthy of calling himself that.

That La Parka II match was the drizzling shits. 

The real La Parka wrestled PCO last night in Queens, NY in MLW. I can't wait until that show goes up on their youtube channel. Optimum doesn't carry beIN sports.

• Like 1

If Impact has any sense they have OG’s beat Konnan so bad he ends up in a wheelchair with a bell.  Konnan is morphing into a young Hector Salamanca.

i like the Page / Sydal Team.

Scarlett being the narrative carrying the undercard was great and gave some guys a chance to shine and set up matches with little effort. Trevor Lee’s reactions to Petey trying to teach her the. Canadian Destroyer was priceless.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, Curt McGirt said:

When "La Parka" grabs a chair and doesn't either A. air guitar with it B. set it up and dance on it and/or C. hit Drake with it (or all of those in any order), your only option is A. to change the channel

Compare that La Parka to LA Park on this week's MLW and the difference is so clear, and not just in the waistline. (Nobody tell Austin Aries I noticed a wrestler's gut.)

• Haha 2

Don Callis wearing his fucking hat floating barely on top of his head over his headset is hilarious. What an ass. 

I don't get the Grado character at all, can somebody explain him to me? Props to Maximo for that legit tope where he directed his head into Grado's. Unless it's Santito, you rarely see somebody do a tope where they actually use their head as the point of contact (which is in their best interest not to do that, of course). 

Hey, it's James Mitchell! And he's not got any hair! (well, TBH, I haven't seen him in forever and that shave has been a long time coming)

Another sprint with Tessa. Keyra deserved more time, she was working pretty stiff and looked great.

• Like 1

Pretty good show that had some stuff all over the place but mostly focused on the build to BFG which shaped up nicely. Fun opening spotfest. the Desi Hit Squad split was sudden with the loser leaves town stip. the Grado/Maximo match was a bizarre way to follow up what happened last week for Grado. Really good six man match with the main eventers where everybody looked good. I had thought BFG was a tossup but with Aries pinning Johnny relatively clean here, I'm guessing Johnny's a lock to win the title now. Tessa/Keyra was very good while it lasted as short as it was, both looked great. Tessa/Taya still seems rather thrown together for a BFG card so I'd assume Tessa retains for sure. I'm not sure if they added a stipulation to Allie/Su being an Undead Realm match but the scene with Father Mitchell was cool, love the wacky aspects of the Su Yung feuds. Willie Mack coming in is cool and I'm interested in who will face Eli. Overall looking forward to BFG a lot, the overall build hasn't been quite as spectacular as Slammiversary's but the card has a lot of potential to be another stacked great one.

• Like 1

I loved Jim Mitchell using phrase like "how much heat I am going to get with the boss".  Like hell is run like a 1980's wrestling territory.  Although in his case "heat" takes a whole new meaning.

Also it is funny that one of the common complaints about Lucha Underground is the idea of Katarina as a ghost or a witch is so stupid in wrestling.  Yet now we find out that Allie is kind of the same thing as this body with no soul.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I loved Jim Mitchell using phrase like "how much heat I am going to get with the boss".  Like hell is run like a 1980's wrestling territory.  Although in his case "heat" takes a whole new meaning.

Also it is funny that one of the common complaints about Lucha Underground is the idea of Katarina as a ghost or a witch is so stupid in wrestling.  Yet now we find out that Allie is kind of the same thing as this body with no soul.

Knowing the history of some 1980s territories, it likely is a proper metaphor for Hell. 

Also I think Allie's body has a soul, just not hers. The question is who's soul is it? Is it Rosemary's? Cherry Bomb's? Some unknown person?

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the latest show.

the opening 4 way was great, Impact has been on a run of good opening matches.  Great to see Jack Evans on TV again, he hasn’t lost a step. Trevor Lee always impresses and he carried a lot of the match. Puma King really impressed, everything he does is super smooth.

theres an argument that Grado has his best match ever against Maximo. Maximo’s tope headbutt was something else. He also looked about 6 inches away from impaling himself on the guardrail. 

I don’t really care for the Desi Hit Squad stuff and I’m not sure where it’s going. It’s the one whiff Impact has had in recent times.

The 6 man match was enjoyable. Fallah teasing the dive was entertaining as hell. I actually think him and Aries work great together after their match a few weeks back. Kross looked great again, his Saito suplex on the floor was something else.

Loved the Tessa match, she’s been the real high point of Impact the last month or so, she killed Keyra on the finish.

RE the Mitchell Allie segment, I love when Impact goes a bit off the radar with stuff like this going back to the Hardy stuff.  Any other promotion and I don’t think it would work but I think because of Impacts history of being a bit crap, it now comes off as kitsch when they do this stuff now. Its super enjoyable, often makes little sense, but somehow it works.

Finally, Eddie Kingston should cut the final promo before every PPV, the guy is great.  If they could somehow get him and Don West to head up their Sales division you’ve got to figure PPV and Merch sales would go through the roof.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Going with the "Desi Hit Squad" gimmick instead of doing a next gen Karachi Vice was a huge miss on the part of Impact.

If Stampede had a much larger view in history I would agree but I am not sure how many people even know who Karachi Vice was.  I mean even in Toronto I don't know how much of an impact that Stampede was that they would be remembered.