DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/20/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Aramis, Dragon Bane, & Starfire def. Arez, Latigo, & Chik Tormenta

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 20, 2018 from Mexico City, Mexico

*oVe (Sami Callihan, Dave & Jake Crist) def. Aerostar, Laredo Kid, & El Hijo del Vikingo

*Eli Drake def. Trevor Lee

*King & The OGz beat up a local wrestler. They call out LAX but they don't show.

*Faby Apache def. Alisha Edwards. After the match, Josh Mathews interviews Faby, who challenges Tessa Blanchard to a match next week.

*The Lucha Brothers (Fenix & Pentagon Jr.) def. Matt Sydal & Rich Swann. After the match, oVe try to attack but Brian Cage comes out to stop them.

*Austin Aries(c) (w/ Killer Kross & Moose) def. Texano to retain the Impact Worlds Championship. After the match, Johnny Impact and Eddie Edwards return to brawl with Aries/Kross/Moose.

Fun little show with a cool different vibe for the Mexico shows. Nothing too standout this week but everything was decent-good. oVe tags always rule and Faby/Alisha was solid five minutes. Loved the fired up LAX promo in the back. Good to see McKenzie Mitchell back, her and Alicia Atout are both the best so I hope they keep using both. Great little interview there with Aries, using Jericho's 'best in the world at what I do' line.

• Like 1

The most I've ever watched of TNA was back when Angle/Joe was gonna be the big match. For some reason, probably the good press from y'all, I found Pop on my DirecTV (it wasn't even added to my favorites channel) and watched this week's episode of Impact. Go figure, it's them in Mexico with the AAA crew so it's just like the LU from last night. Nice seeing Faby Apache, I guess she just lost a hair match? Lucha Bros. were their usual quality and it's nice to see them tag together. The opening spotfest was whatever -- lots of guys standing in place waiting to be dove upon. I had no idea Ohio went so haaaard, yo. Sami needs the hair Fabi lost. And per tradition I fell asleep before the end. 

Think I'll keep watching. The OGs/LAX feud looks neat and I can tolerate Callis and Mathews. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The most I've ever watched of TNA was back when Angle/Joe was gonna be the big match. For some reason, probably the good press from y'all, I found Pop on my DirecTV (it wasn't even added to my favorites channel) and watched this week's episode of Impact. Go figure, it's them in Mexico with the AAA crew so it's just like the LU from last night. Nice seeing Faby Apache, I guess she just lost a hair match? Lucha Bros. were their usual quality and it's nice to see them tag together. The opening spotfest was whatever -- lots of guys standing in place waiting to be dove upon. I had no idea Ohio went so haaaard, yo. Sami needs the hair Fabi lost. And per tradition I fell asleep before the end. 

Think I'll keep watching. The OGs/LAX feud looks neat and I can tolerate Callis and Mathews. 

Impact is on a roll. It's nice they finally found their niche rather than still trying to out-WWE WWE. Adding Don Callis to their creative team was a brilliant move, which we have Chris Jericho to thank for it. Plus, Jimmy Jacobs has been involved in their creative, along with his on screen role as Kongo Kong's manager.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They still had a kid ran over though apparently haha

Also gotta say, I dig the Fly By Night Anthem logo. Gotta show that Canadian pride! 

Little Richie was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's just bad parenting by his parent or guardian. Who lets their kid party with them in the streets at night? Doesn't he have a bedtime? I can't really fault Eddie Kingston for that. Well, maybe drving recklessly.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'll put it like this:  This is the first time in over a decade I'm considering buying TNA/Impact merch.  Technically the hat's free with the promo code but for $10 I'm paying for it anyway.  I would have never considered such a thing even a year ago.

I loved their first show in Mexico.  If this is any indication we're going to be in for another three weeks of great shows.

• Like 1