DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] September 12, 2018 TV Show

Peck

That Tomasso promo was a thing of beauty. His best promo yet. 

I have finally come around to likinng the UE. Roderick and Kyle are embracing being toolbags. 

Lacey Evans rules. 

The main event was really fun. Nikki Cross is golden. Bianca Belair is going to be incredible but she is still really green. They did a great job at storytelling - just have Nikki be lovably crazy and Bianca have no idea what to make of it but still acting cocky when she has the advantage. Great pull apart at the end. Excited to see what they can do if they get 10-15 minutes at Takeover. 

Ciampa's promo was good. the tsuff with Heavy machinery later was fun.

Loved the Regal/Ohno interaction.

That was the most I've enjoyed a UE segment.

Nikki/Bianca was so damn fun, probably the most I've actually enjoyed any of Bianca's matches.

Really I just dug everything on this episode.

Do you guys remember Johnny Gargono and Tomasso Ciampa's first promo when they debuted on NXT?  They spoke like they were reading a ransom note in their second language.  Both of those guys have become really good on the mic since then.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Do you guys remember Johnny Gargono and Tomasso Ciampa's first promo when they debuted on NXT?  They spoke like they were reading a ransom note in their second language.  Both of those guys have become really good on the mic since then.

Perfect time to call each guy up and completely ruin them.

I much preferred Ciampa's theme being the boos and jeers of the fans. While I could see a double turn happening I really don't want it. Ciampa is so good at being a despicable bastard and he needs to get his comeuppance as a heel.

Nikki Cross is too good for the main roster. I dread her call up, but maybe just maybe they won't screw it up.

Narrator: They totally screw it up.

We should have a generator where people can just insert “will be ruined” after any NXT name is mentioned. That would streamline the whole process entirely and maybe we could get into talking about NXT as it’s own product and not who is going to be “ruined” when they are called up. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

We should have a generator where people can just insert “will be ruined” after any NXT name is mentioned. That would streamline the whole process entirely and maybe we could get into talking about NXT as it’s own product and not who is going to be “ruined” when they are called up. 

Relax. It was one comment. We do plenty of talking about NXT as it's own product without you getting all pissy about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

It's not easy avoiding such comments when the WWE track record is so abysmal. Let's see: Joe, Finn,  & Nak pretty much survived intact. Of course, all three guys have over ten years experience working all over the world. So far, Almas is fine, and hopefully will remain so, Sami went from the most beloved wrestler in the whole company to a non-entity and now they seem to have nothing for Kevin Owens to do other than get squashed. It's not like they've done anything to inspire confidence. Don't even get me started on what they've done with Asuka. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Noted.

I think Ohno being the indy darling litmus test is a solid role for him to take as a player/coach type to help newcomers adapt to the style. The Riddle program should be a lot of fun.

7 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

It's Tazz?!.....oh Ciampa has music now.

Seriously though, Ciampa is kinda getting turned by half the crowd. It's a mixed reaction without doubt, but it does feel like they are at least teasing the double-turn with Gargano.

I’m not sure what it says that Izzy of all people was cheering Ciampa during his first promo after winning the title.

7 hours ago, quackhell said:

Nikki Cross is too good for the main roster. I dread her call up, but maybe just maybe they won't screw it up.

Narrator: They totally screw it up.

I had similar thoughts watching her against Bianca. It’s not necessarily that they’ll screw her up, but WWE main roster doesn’t do nuance or subtlety very well.  Watching her match, I couldn’t help but get flashbacks to Alicia Fox dumping out sodas and stealing JBL’s hat.

• Like 1