DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

I remember the days they shot the scenes in DC because they actually put out the call for extras and I was like “Good luck getting people on a Sunday morning when the Metros not running”

When Captain America showed up in the trailer I figured this must have been one of the adventures he partook in after going back in time in Endgame. Then I remembered this is a totally separate universe and checking IMDB made me realize Chris Pine and Chris Evans are two different people.

I haven't flat out hated any of the DC movies, but haven't felt the need to watch any of them multiple times. Their animated films on the other hand are almost always awesome. They should just stick to making those.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I agree with all those. Do the Golden Globes have a Best Cinematography category? If so, Lawrence Sher should be there.

They do not, they have Original Score, Screenplay and Original Song.  For the Academy Awards Best Picture is both drama/comedy combined of course but Screenplay is divided between adapted and original whereas at the GG's screenplay is one award. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They do not, they have Original Score, Screenplay and Original Song.  For the Academy Awards Best Picture is both drama/comedy combined of course but Screenplay is divided between adapted and original whereas at the GG's screenplay is one award. 

Cheers, @Niners Fan in CT!

• Like 1

So, Wonder Woman is out fully in costume riding lightening bolts across the sky with her lasso in 1984. Why was she completely forgotten about as an existing superhero on our planet by the time Batman v Superman came around and she had to be dug up by Batman?

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

So, Wonder Woman is out fully in costume riding lightening bolts across the sky with her lasso in 1984. Why was she completely forgotten about as an existing superhero on our planet by the time Batman v Superman came around and she had to be dug up by Batman?

People in our world apparently didn't know about Tulsa and Black Wall Street until Watchmen. History classes aren't what they used to be. 

I believe Wonder Woman was a myth in BvS, but as seen in the trailer she's knocking out security cameras..  if someone took a picture okay but it'd probably be viewed like something out of the tabloids. 

Also,  they might just be retconning things

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I believe Wonder Woman was a myth in BvS, but as seen in the trailer she's knocking out security cameras..  if someone took a picture okay but it'd probably be viewed like something out of the tabloids. 

Also,  they might just be retconning things

I think it was CBR when they said that was purposefully done for that reason

Not sure you could do Luthor in a vacuum like this story since Superman is the reason he lost his hair.

If they're going to do a Luthor movie, Clancy Brown needs to shave his head and be elder statesman Lex Luthor.

Young and smarmy Jesse Eisenberg LL can eat a bag of goat dicks.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

Not sure you could do Luthor in a vacuum like this story since Superman is the reason he lost his hair.

If they're going to do a Luthor movie, Clancy Brown needs to shave his head and be elder statesman Lex Luthor.

I was thinking of this.

250px-LL_MOS_1.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, J.T. said:

Holy fuck I never realized how badly I wanted this to happen until now. 

And yes, young tech billionaire Lex needs to disappear

• Like 1