DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

Because Warner Bros. decided they are not allergic to money:   Joker 2 is in development.  

It will be set years after the incidents in the first movie and will feature more of Batman's Rogues Gallery

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Because Warner Bros. decided they are not allergic to money:   Joker 2 is in development.  

It will be set years after the incidents in the first movie and will feature more of Batman's Rogues Gallery

First I've heard of this. Thanks, man.

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I trust that part of the funding for this movie will be allocated to give Jared Leto a nice severance packaage?

If they think there is that much money in a sequel, then there is obviously money in bringing Arthur Peck into the DCU proper especially if they're going to use this sequel to feature more Batman villains.

Edited by J.T.

If they do the Joker and Harley Quinn angle, but they double cast Harley so she looks like Margot Robbie (when Arthur looks at her), and like Frances McDormand in a fat suit (when we the audience are seeing her from anyone else's perspective), that might be interesting.

In terms of other characters from Batman's rogue's gallery, I can't see anyone but a (pre-Commissioner) James Gordon, or maybe Hugo Strange. But it is running headlong into the same problem as Gotham had. If all of Batman's villains were middle aged men while Bruce was a pre-teen, then he therefore spent most of his crime-fighting career beating up senior citizen super criminals.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think this is going to settle in around $950M or so and no China. On a very small budget.

I don't know where they'd go for a sequel but just from a business standpoint they have to try it.

That's the mindset that breeds bad sequels and shitty movies.

I understand Vile's trepidation about sequels though sequels always have that pressure following on the critically rated predessor. As much as I'd like to see Joker played by Joaquin Phoenix again, I think I'm leaning towards a one and done which I always thought was a certainly for the weight loss by Phoenix and him turning down MCU roles.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1