DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

I think Joker will be a one and done for Joaquin Phoenix. First, Phoenix turned down Bruce Banner and Doctor Strange not wanting a multi film deal. Second, the weight loss. You can see how thin Phoenix got for the part to what he looks like now during the festivals/press tours.

I’m up for Hill as the Riddler.  He’s a good actor, and some of the best Batman casting has always been a little out of the box.  Plus, his giant head on his new skinny body seems weirdly appropriate for a character like this.

• Like 1

Yeah, ComicBookMovies.com says that Hill is in talks to play the Riddler.  

And he lost a lot of weight for his role in Moneyball and he's still freakishly thin despite his gigantic dome. 

He's not portly enough to play the Penguin.

Oh, Holy Shit.

We have to go to a Ops Branch briefing this afternoon so that our security officer can go over situational awareness guidance because, YOU GUESSED IT~!, there is the fear that this movie could inspire another premier weekend mass shooting on par with the one in Aurora, Colorado on TDK's opening weekend back in 2012

Thanks for fucking up my early release, Joachim.

• Sad 3

There was zero evidence that showed the Aurora shooter was inspired by "Joker" and he had a history of you guessed it,   mental illness. A couple people in the media said "He wanted to be Joker!" because the shooter had orange hair.  TDKR had nothing to do with Joker either,  the villain was Bane. Suicide Squad had Joker in a prominent positioning in the marketing and there was no backlash.  A few U.S. critics are trying to will something bad to happen with how over the top they are being with this.  No Way Taxi Driver would have gotten made today. 

It's easier to place blame at the feet of video games and movies instead of reaching real legislative reform on weapons and mental health. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There was zero evidence that showed the Aurora shooter was inspired by "Joker" and he had a history of you guessed it,   mental illness.

You are assuming that people are rational and hold individuals accountable for their own actions and don't enjoy placing blame on external sources like movies and video games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

You are assuming that people are rational and hold individuals accountable for their own actions and don't enjoy placing blame on external sources like movies and video games.

Oh I get that, it's a hell of a lot easier to place blame on the entertainment industry than actually attack and then attempt to fix the issues that exist. 

That said, I am finding this whole thing very strange almost as if some in the media WANT a shooting to happen so they could somehow be proved "right".

I hope everyone just goes and sees it and either likes or dislikes it and at worst argue about it online.  Everyone be safe out there. 

• Like 1