DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

He may be too old since he's 38, but I think Ryan Gosling would be good in the role. 

I honestly can't think of any good actors in their 20s who could play Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Just not Aaron Taylor Johnson. PLEASE. Liam Hemsworth is also out of the question for obvious reasons.

And not the guy from Whiplash and Fant4stic. Dude has way too much of a punchable face.

They're just going to cast that Timothy Chalamet kid anyway. He's done too much Oscar bate too close together to not get shoehorned into a Blockbuster lead that doesn't fit.

EDIT: Great minds....

30 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

I can't be the only one to think this is in response to Spider-Verse doing so well critically?

Of course not.

It's because Spiderverse did so well commercially.

Who even are your great Batman Beyond villains? Maybe Inque? Maybe? I was always more into the episodes that brought in long established characters like Freeze, Ra's, Superman, etc. Or ones that teased Bruce in action with snippets of the TAS score.

Maybe they should do everyone a favour and just release the complete version of this:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

You all did see that the Batman Beyond movie rumor was shot down, right? 

I did not, but am not surprised at all. Rumors of more Batman Beyond always seem to die however legit.

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Who even are your great Batman Beyond villains? Maybe Inque? Maybe? I was always more into the episodes that brought in long established characters like Freeze, Ra's, Superman, etc. Or ones that teased Bruce in action with snippets of the TAS score.

Not quite great, but Blight was good. I also liked Inque, the Royal Flush Gang, Shriek, & Stalker. Dug the general idea of the Jokerz, but there were few central figures outside of Beyond the Joker and the comics run pre-Rebirth. There were others who had potential, but too few episodes.

• Like 1

They haven't got anything coming out in the summer, have they? Wonder Woman in the 80s and alternate Joker are both later in the year, iirc. So I guess neither has enough finished shots to put a proper trailer together.