DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

They tackled the idea of citizens being caught between super powered individuals in both the DCEU and the MCU;  both franchises made entire movies out of it.

And you know what?  It's boring! The most boring parts of the MCU are anytime they spend time on the accords crap. Give me TEN Infinity Wars over the political nonsense that they don't do very well.  Comic book movies are better when they are comic book movies. 

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

It didn't look evacuated at all. Going by Batman v Superman it definitely wasn't evacuated. 

Some people died for sure..  just like a ton of people died in Age of Ultron and in the beginning of Civil War. It's not an issue that most viewers want to see play out. X-Men movies probably did the best job of nailing down politically charged material,  just as they did in the comics many years ago.  If they are going to do stuff like that,   then do it with the X-Men. Civil War was an interesting idea but after the main series was over most comic fans were cold on it,  it's funny to me that they went ahead and did a Civil War II I guess because the first sold well,  hopefully it's better.. I have not read it.  

On 11/10/2018 at 11:49 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Some people died for sure..  just like a ton of people died in Age of Ultron and in the beginning of Civil War. It's not an issue that most viewers want to see play out. X-Men movies probably did the best job of nailing down politically charged material,  just as they did in the comics many years ago.  If they are going to do stuff like that,   then do it with the X-Men. Civil War was an interesting idea but after the main series was over most comic fans were cold on it,  it's funny to me that they went ahead and did a Civil War II I guess because the first sold well,  hopefully it's better.. I have not read it.  

Both Civil War stories are hot trash

Moving the talk over here where it belongs,  Aquaman early reactions are out.  Social media embargo has been lifted.  So far they seem pretty good, some are praising how great it looks and how immersive it is,  others are citing Jason Momoa as a great lead and there's other more mixed reactions that says there are flaws but I'm not sure what flaws exactly.  

Most of these people I think are RT critics so far but not sure on that.   I'd post some but there's way too many.  

3 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Aren't most critics RT critics?  (I'm genuinely asking, I thought it mainly aggregated Newspaper/non-nerd critics, at least in the "Top Critic" section)

These days,  pretty much everyone is on there. Most of the wide releases can have anywhere between 200-300 reviews. A lot of fanboy sites, blogs etc now. 

Top Critics are the major newspaper ones. All critics is film bloggers and the like.

Comic book movies almost always do really great in the first batch of reviews unless there's an embargo that waits until open. Some fall a lot as more critics reviews come in, some don't. I really hope it's good

WB & DC are working a Blue Beetle movie for the DCEU.  Gareth Dunnet-Alocer has been tapped to write it and it will be the first time a Latinx actor will play the lead in a superhero movie.  (So they're doing the Jaime Reyes version.)

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WB & DC are working a Blue Beetle movie for the DCEU.  Gareth Dunnet-Alocer has been tapped to write it and it will be the first time a Latinx actor will play the lead in a superhero movie.  (So they're doing the Jaime Reyes version.)

Could they not toss a ton of money at John Rogers to stop whatever else he was doing and work on this? 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I like Reyes as a character and am okay with the retcon, but no the bug ship or gas gun Blue Beetle still makes me sad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...