DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

Big thing we're waiting on is Robert Patterson in the Batsuit. My preferences:

Black and grey first then grey and blue, that latter colour scheme would differentiate it to past Batsuits.

My favourite Batsuits are Batman: Year One (1987), Batman: The Animated Series especially (1992-1995), the Justice League cartoon (1999-2001), Batman: Hush (2002-2003), Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) and how Greg Capullo draws The New 52 Batsuit (2011-2015). 

I want the yellow oval to return, last time we had a oval shaped Bat symbol was Batman and Robin (1997). Time for that to make a comeback.

Medium sized ears. 

Like the cape to wraparound Patterson at points as seen in the comics and cartoons.

A functional suit, I'm thinking the same sort of design as the Super-Soldier suit Captain America wore in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). That became the template for all the other Cap suits. 

I'm open to lenses, either all the time or when the situation arises such as Detective Mode in the Batman: Arkham games (2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015).

Edited by The Natural

7 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

Man, the last five pages of this thread need loaded into a rocket and shot into the sun.  Possibly with some of the posters involved aboard said rocket.

That;s not a fact, btw.  Just an opinion.

Thanks for your contribution. Which side of the Joker debate are you on? Or are are you just opposed to divergent opinions in general?

Maybe you just really hate people being excited for Wonder Woman 84, or liking Shazam more than they thought they would. Of course, we'll never know because you aren't actually saying anything about anything. You're just being generally disdainful. Which as we all know, if you don't like the tone of a conversation, the best thing you can do is unspecifically slag it off while making no effort to improve it, or even say what you dislike about it.

Edited by AxB
tone not tome

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The rumor I've seen floated around is a variation of the grey/blue suit and I think I'd love that.   We'll find out shortly. 

I wonder when the last time that 70s suit was used in the media.? Early seasons of BTAS?

I tried Shazam the other night. Turned it off after about 40 minutes. Dull and derivative, even by superhero flick standards (and I've watched Ant-Man & The Wasp twice). Didn't get as fun as I was hoping as quick as I was hoping. When they were starting to test his powers and I wasn't even grinning, I knew I didn't want to waste the next hour+.

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder when the last time that 70s suit was used in the media.? Early seasons of BTAS?

Batman: The Brave and the Bold then Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Bought that on DVD, need to get round to seeing it.

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I tried Shazam the other night. Turned it off after about 40 minutes. Dull and derivative, even by superhero flick standards (and I've watched Ant-Man & The Wasp twice). Didn't get as fun as I was hoping as quick as I was hoping. When they were starting to test his powers and I wasn't even grinning, I knew I didn't want to waste the next hour+.

You've done well to watch Ant-Man and the Wasp twice. Only watched it the once and it really dragged for me. Makes my bottom five MCU movies. I preferred Ant-Man.

Seen bits of Aquaman and haven't watched Shazam. I'll watch both at some point.

Edited by The Natural

16 minutes ago, The Natural said:

You've done well to watch Ant-Man and the Wasp twice. Only watched it the once and it really dragged for me. Makes my bottom five MCU movies. I preferred Ant-Man.

Seen bits of Aquaman and haven't watched Shazam. I'll watch both at some point.

Almost-objectively speaking, the Ant-Man movies are firmly lower-tier Marvel. But I like the gimmick and Paul Rudd is a charisma machine, so they suit my taste. 

Aquaman is decent, but it feels super long. It's multiple shorter movies of story of crammed into one. Jason Momoa is a quality casting though. 

• Like 1

The Black Manta stuff I felt was there just to setup future movies.  His suit and the sequences on the building tops were cool.  The whole origin is much like any other superhero origin but some things Wan did like with the Trench was amazing and worth the price of admission alone.  We saw it in IMAX and most of the movie was visual candy. 

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, J.T. said:

Not sure you could do Luthor in a vacuum like this story since Superman is the reason he lost his hair.

If they're going to do a Luthor movie, Clancy Brown needs to shave his head and be elder statesman Lex Luthor.

Young and smarmy Jesse Eisenberg LL can eat a bag of goat dicks.

I didn't know how much I needed this until right now. All the likes and then some for @J.T.

• Like 1