DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

@West Newbury Bad Boy is that what passes as a reply an "I don't recall"? Do you work for the Trump administration?

I find it funny when people deflect and say things like "you're too wound up"..   when you have no idea what I'm doing. You think I submit reply with an angry face? I was probably eating Special K or something..

I guess you haven't been around long enough, this is a discussion board and I use the board for that purpose.. it just so happens this is the discussion I wanted to have.

You stayed away simply because that's what you do, throw some rocks and then fail to back up your "points" however ridiculous they might be.

I'm seriously tempted to create a Poll in the forum where everyone can vote for DC or Marvel. But it would be one of those things where someone acts like they're trying to settle things down, when actually they're taking glee in stirring them up. And really, they're stirred enough.

And everyone likes both anyway. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

@West Newbury Bad Boy is that what passes as a reply an "I don't recall"? Do you work for the Trump administration?

Cute Trump dig, but there are times when "I don't recall" is a valid, truthful response. For example, what did I eat for breakfast three Wednesdays ago? I don't recall. Or, have I ever called some rando an "MCU hater"? I don't recall. Unlike you, I don't have an elephant's memory for every minor internet slapfight. 

I find it funny when people deflect and say things like "you're too wound up"..   when you have no idea what I'm doing. You think I submit reply with an angry face? I was probably eating Special K or something..

Nobody has ever admitted to being wound up by a disagreement over the internet. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Regardless of what you're eating or what look is on your face, you spent paragraph after paragraph airing more than half a decade of perceived slights on a message board for no reason whatsoever. At some level, you're wound up. 

Since you like cute digs at the Trump administration, I'll give it a try: Believing your insistence that you're not wound up would be akin to taking Stephen Miller at his word if he were to insist he isn't racist. Sometimes, the facts are too overwhelming to listen to whatever you're self-reporting.

This is a long-winded way of saying nobody believes you. 

it just so happens this is the discussion I wanted to have.

Seek help. 

You stayed away simply because that's what you do, throw some rocks and then fail to back up your "points" however ridiculous they might be.

Since this entire discussion is about you for some reason, my only "point" would be that you've lost the plot. Thanks for continuing to make my point for me.

35 minutes ago, AxB said:

I'm seriously tempted to create a Poll in the forum where everyone can vote for DC or Marvel. But it would be one of those things where someone acts like they're trying to settle things down, when actually they're taking glee in stirring them up. And really, they're stirred enough.

And everyone likes both anyway. 

Make it interesting. Do it like one of francesco's polls:

We need completely arbitrary match-ups like Batman Returns vs Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 or Superman IV: The Quest for Peace vs Logan. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Make it interesting. Do it like one of francesco's polls:

We need completely arbitrary match-ups like Batman Returns vs Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 or Superman IV: The Quest for Peace vs Logan. 

No, not a tournament. A single vote, where the options are:

• DC Comics movies
  • Marvel Comics movies

@West Newbury Bad Boy Your fantasy and speculation aside, I have free time to post about whatever I want quite obviously i am not alone, this is a place where we hatch arguments over wrestling, remember?

And to that point, there is nobody who spends more time arguing with people on here than you. 

Most of my posts are about things I like, most of your posts are daily back and forths all over this board... 

Your reply is very much pot/kettle lol.

14 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Most of my posts are about things I like, most of your posts are daily back and forths all over this board... 

Which makes it even stranger that you felt the need to explain what a discussion board is. 

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend. Try to keep your blood pressure down. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

@West Newbury Bad Boy Your fantasy and speculation aside, I have free time to post about whatever I want quite obviously i am not alone, this is a place where we hatch arguments over wrestling, remember?

And to that point, there is nobody who spends more time arguing with people on here than you. 

Your reply is very much pot/kettle lol.

My suggestion to you is to stop acting like this.

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

We did the horrible comic book movie tournament once already. Let us not speak of it again.

I missed that having lost my Mum. I read the results later on. Guardians of the Galaxy doing as well as it did is one of those things you don't like to the level others do. We all know The Dark Knight's the best live action CBM. ?

Edited by The Natural

The mall that you see in that trailer I lived across the street from for 4 years. (It is now abandoned hence why they were able to shoot there when they where in DC)

So basically I am just going "Well that's where the Orange Julius was..."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The mall that you see in that trailer I lived across the street from for 4 years. (It is now abandoned hence why they were able to shoot there when they where in DC)

So basically I am just going "Well that's where the Orange Julius was..."

They actually shot right in front of my work on Pennsylvania. I have an overzealous research assistant who stayed up all night to watch the shooting and mingle about like she belonged there (she did not).