DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

Next up for Pattinson is “The Batman.” “I’m glad I’ve had quite a lot of time,” he said. “I didn’t realize there were so many Batman comics. Hundreds and thousands. But I’ve been reading a lot of those, and not really just the kind of classics. I just like reading the sort of individual periodicals. It’s nice to kind of see the absolutely contemporary ones.”

Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: The Killing Joke, Grant Morrison's 2006-2013 run on Batman, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: The Black Mirror.

18 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Deadpool 2 is a better movie than Deadpool in every single way except freshness.

When we agree, we do. The Rock vs. Chris Jericho at WWF No Mercy 2001 as the 2001 Match of the Year is the example that always comes to mind. When we disagree, we do here and on Spider-Man 2.

Edited by The Natural

Harvey doesn't have to be Two Face in this movie. DA Dent was a very important character grounding Batman until his turn. 

And frankly, Two Face really should have a second shot at a movie (eventually). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EVA said:

Will be worth it if Penguin threatens to buttfuck Batman’s father with his mother’s headless corpse.

"I used to want to be an astronaut, but astronauts don't even go to the moon anymore..." - The Penguin, probably.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Harvey doesn't have to be Two Face in this movie. DA Dent was a very important character grounding Batman until his turn. 

Bring back Billy Dee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Bring back Billy Dee.

I'm partial to Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face.  It's not because he was good or that the movie was good or anything.  It's because his interaction with Jim Carrey on the set gave me one of my favorite quotes of all time: "I cannot sanction your buffoonery".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So, I finally saw Joker. Enjoyed it for the most part, I totally get those Taxi Driver comparisons now. Thought it was certainly a better 'origin' than Killing Joke even though I could see aspects that it borrowed from that. Loved the various aspects of unreliable narration. Wish we'd got to see a bit more of him as Joker but what we saw on the Murray show was perfect and chilling enough like he was on the cusp of going full-Ledger. OH and using that Garry Glitter song was a masterstroke on a meta level of hammering home the audiences enjoyment of proceeding while knowing that it's wrong at the same time.

As for sequel talk... I don't know how it gets done. Or if it should get done. But I'd be interested to see how he fits in in the DCU.

Screening was hampered by the fat fucking whale on her phone next to me the whole time who completely blanked me when I asked her to put it away. I hope those Facebook status updates saying 'really enjoying Joker at the cinema huns' was worth the likes.

EDIT: Was reminded of this epic rap based on Killing Joke when I left the cinema

Edited by BurningBeard

19 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

I heard Matthew Mc...yeah is in talks to play Harvey Dent. How many villains are they trying to shoe-horn until this film? Talk about not learning from your mistakes

Sounds like they're going for The Long Halloween, although I don't know where The Penguin fits into that story.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

3rd.

Endgame's budget was like 6 times what Joker's was, so yeah. Endgame & Infinity War together are close to $1 billion.

I like how the steelbook for this movie looks (i'm becoming a little obsessed with steelbooks), so I think I might get this when it comes out.

Edited by Casey