DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I feel like this one is going to have a lot more deaths than the first film with a cast this big. I'm trying not to get too excited at some of the names just because of that. The four returning cast members are probably the ones who did the best job in their roles though I still would have preferred no Harley. Wonder if they will treat it like the Ostrander comics where the team would have alterations depending on the mission. 

On the IG post of this list, Gunn wrote “Don’t get too attached” so I’d wager you’re probably right.  

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder how many “name” actors would sign up for a glorified cameo where a team of characters gets wiped out and Waller/Flagg have to bring back the old team to finish the mission? 

Well Deadpool 2 got some big names to appear and be instantly killed off as X-Force. I don't see any reason why Suicide Squad couldn't do the same

The Birds of Prey trailer attached to IT! Chapter 2 was pretty fucking sweet!

I honestly thought the movie was starting and then I saw the DC logo and was like, "Hold a sec..."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

With some of the more mixed reviews, I wonder if this is still a shoe-in for those major awards.

A Best Picture nomination might be harder to come by. Joaquin Phoenix will definitely get nominated for Best Actor even in what seems to be a busy field. I'd be surprised if he misses out. Seems like Phoenix vs. Driver as it stands.

30 minutes ago, The Natural said:

A Best Picture nomination might be harder to come by. Joaquin Phoenix will definitely get nominated for Best Actor even in what seems to be a busy field. I'd be surprised if he misses out. Seems like Phoenix vs. Driver as it stands.

I think you're right.  I wouldn't pay much attention to a few negative reviews,  they are negative because they a attempting to drive home their political rants about how the movie is "problematic" and all sorts of other nonsense.  Be happy that you don't live in America.  You have one side of the aisle that's lost it's mind so then the other side thinks they need to overcompensate and it's really strange times we live in.  You can't have a nice discussion about film,  video games or music without it being politicized. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I wouldn't call anyone a lock in best actor yet. There's legitimately like 12 people getting serious buzz as potential winners already. 

12 whittled down to 5. The names I've seen for Best Actor: Bale, Phoenix, Driver, Downey Jr, Hanks, Banderas, Patterson, Pitt, DiCaprio, Dafoe, Damon and Egerton. Some might be moved into Best Supporting Actor to better their chances.

Edited by The Natural

I assume either Pitt or Leo will be moved from OUATIH, but if it's Pitt, he might still be in the race for Ad Astra. Either Bale or Damon (from what I'm reading more likely Damon) will likely be moved.

Hanks might be supporting.  The movie is apparently really about the guy interviewing Rodgers.

But that still leaves an insanely crowded field. Plus we need to see how The Irishman does, De Niro could easily end up in the race. And we've still got three months, somebody might come out of nowhere.

It's funny, last year everybody kinda agreed best actor was a weak field, and now this year it's just insanely crowded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I assume either Pitt or Leo will be moved from OUATIH, but if it's Pitt, he might still be in the race for Ad Astra. Either Bale or Damon (from what I'm reading more likely Damon) will likely be moved.

Hanks might be supporting.  The movie is apparently really about the guy interviewing Rodgers.

But that still leaves an insanely crowded field. Plus we need to see how The Irishman does, De Niro could easily end up in the race. And we've still got three months, somebody might come out of nowhere.

It's funny, last year everybody kinda agreed best actor was a weak field, and now this year it's just insanely crowded.

Marred by the wrong fucking winner of the Academy Award for Best Actor, Rami Malek. Christian Bale was robbed.

Edited by The Natural