DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

I saw SHAZAM last week and it's my favorite modern DC Movie. I'm a huge Captain Marvel nerd, and it hit all the right buttons. Sivana, Tawky Tawney, Mr. Mind and The Marvel Family? I was crying with joy. CC Beck would be proud.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I saw SHAZAM last week and it's my favorite modern DC Movie. I'm a huge Captain Marvel nerd, and it hit all the right buttons. Sivana, Tawky Tawney, Mr. Mind and The Marvel Family? I was crying with joy. CC Beck would be proud.

My only big complaint is the way they combined Sivana and Black Adam, basically.

But it's a blast

At this stage, I'm outright amazed by the stamina of the Snyder Cut people. THIS is what they choose to identify with and pool all their efforts into. Is this some sort of Russian disinformation thing? Some last incel gasp of unity? Why in the world are people THIS passionate about this? 

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

At this stage, I'm outright amazed by the stamina of the Snyder Cut people. THIS is what they choose to identify with and pool all their efforts into. Is this some sort of Russian disinformation thing? Some last incel gasp of unity? Why in the world are people THIS passionate about this? 

Snyder fueling them on whatever that social media platform he uses is (I literally have only heard of it in connection with him and am drawing a blank) is probably a big part of it.

But, yeah, it's just bizarre.

1 hour ago, Bustronaut said:

He's using it to keep his name out there while he readies the Ayn Rand adaptation he's working on.

It's he still trying to get Fountainhead off the ground?

On 8/15/2019 at 6:02 AM, The Natural said:

New Joker image:

EB9eLHaVAAAvj18.jpg

Found some translated quotes from that Italian magazine cover story:

You lost a lot of weight for this role? Why? 

“I had already lost a lot of weight to play Jesus in Mary Magdalene (opposite fiancée Rooney Mara) and to be honest I had promised myself to never do that again. This time I suggested to Todd an overweight Joker, but most people with the same issues of abuse as Arthur Fleck tend to eat poorly, take drugs (medicine), and so lose weight. So I didn't have a choice. And I went on a diet.”

How long did it take?

“A little more than 3 months, but it was so intense I had to forget my social and private life. I couldn't go out, I didn't see anyone in order to avoid temptations. My only relationship during the period before shooting began was with Todd: I called him everyday to talk about Joker. But in spite of the big sacrifice, this is one of my favorite roles ever.”

• Like 1

Just watched the new animated film Batman: Hush. If y'all are fans of the comic I would advise against watching the movie as the neuter the HELL out of the story. If you've never read the comic, then go ahead and give it a watch. 

3 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Just watched the new animated film Batman: Hush. If y'all are fans of the comic I would advise against watching the movie as the neuter the HELL out of the story. If you've never read the comic, then go ahead and give it a watch. 

Hush had a story? I thought it was just an excuse for Jim Lee to draw shit he wanted to draw.