DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

Armie Hammer is supposedly in talks to be in Matt Reeves' The Batman. Armie and some others have went to Twitter to debunk these rumors, but... I mean, it's not like they're going to come out and confirm it, either.

I'm honestly hoping they ignore the first movie completely. The only person I would really want back offhand is Davis for Waller unless they give me CCH Pounder. Actually Courtney didn't do a bad job as Digger so I wouldn't mind him coming back either. I liked Robbie as Harley I just have always hated Harley in Suicide Squad, and yes I know she will likely return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I thought the cast was pretty good, had a lot of chemistry. My big problem was the story.

I didn't dislike the cast members themselves. I thought they did generally well with what they had. I wasn't fond of the story, some of the character representation, and I personally would rather just see a crew more similar Ostrander's run.

My big problem was the editing and the musical choices. I know Ayer says this was his vision but I still doubt that.  The first comic-con trailer seemed to tell a grittier tale. Regardless the dialogue was pretty bad for the most part anyway. 

I did like the cast.  Will Smith was just Will Smith which is always entertaining to me but he's not needed for a sequel.  Suicide Squad is always switching out members,  it's not necessary to have Deadshot in it. 

I feel like the only necessary characters are Floyd, Digger, Waller and Flagg. To me, those are the core ingredients. Harley really hurts Digger though, cause he's supposed to be the funny one. 

Smith and Robbie just have amazing on-screen chemistry together.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I feel like the only necessary characters are Floyd, Digger, Waller and Flagg. To me, those are the core ingredients. Harley really hurts Digger though, cause he's supposed to be the funny one.

This. I want Floyd back, just not Smith. Even Flagg isn't really a core ingredient. Bronze Tiger was much more imporant in the big run. I really want him in this next incarnation.

Apparently it became 'official' in 2011, not because they can't call him Captain Marvel inside of the book, but because the people who now run DC are a bunch of weak-ass clowns. 

He's still Captain Marvel to me, damn it.

Johns noted that the change was made "because that's what everyone thinks his name is anyway," due to the inability to use the "Captain Marvel" moniker on comic book covers and merchandise. In updating Shazam!, Johns and Frank skirted some controversy among long-time fans by introducing Billy Batson as a cynical foster child who comes to appreciate his potential as a hero and the concept of family, rather than starting him from that point as with earlier retellings

Idiots.

Edited by Execproducer

Yeah, they absolutely can legally call the character Captain Marvel, and did for decades are losing the trademark. They can't title the book Captain Marvel.

I never met a single one of these people who "thought Shazam was his name" before they started changing it in the 00's.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I never met a single one of these people who "thought Shazam was his name" before they started changing it in the 00's.

When I was a youngster, I did know one or two people that would call him Shazam, but that merely tipped you off to their level of sophistication.  You would then suggest that they go read Casper or Little Lotta instead. Comic nerds can be so cruel.