DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

On 9/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, J.T. said:

I am impressed by DC nerds.  They seem to be embracing Jurnee's blended casting as Black Canary.

No one seems to be terribly out of sorts about a black woman playing a character that is a Caucasian in the comics and has already been played by three separate white actresses in the Arrowverse.

Maybe they are just happy and thankful that BoP probably won't suck?

I don't care if the actor/actress is black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever. I just care that they're GOOD. Not familiar with Jurnee, but I dig the MES casting a lot. 

Subject of casting.

My picks for Batman were Karl Urban and Michael Fassbender when The Dark Knight trilogy ended. I'd still like either or Jake Gyllenhaal. I don't think Ben Affleck will be back.

I'd like to see the yellow oval around the Bat symbol to return. We haven't had a live-action Batsuit with the oval since THAT 1997 film.

Keep Jeremy Irons as Alfred and JK Simmons Commissioner Gordon.  Bring them over like Dame Judi Dench's M was in the rebooted James Bond series.

31 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

So James Gunn is directing Suicide Squad 2 now.

Well, I'm glad he's working again and props to WB for not giving a fuck.

At the same time, were there really that many people asking for a sequel?

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

At the same time, were there really that many people asking for a sequel?

I think the first one was technically a success so....yes I suppose.

Honestly, I can't say I'm super excited. I don't really want SS turned into GotG. Really I just hope Gunn avoids the whole Waller is worse than the villains bullshit so many writers push. Its lazy and just not nearly as interesting to me as the far more grey area character in Ostrander's run and even JL/JLU. It would also be nice if at least some of the villains on the squad were true pos sociopaths.