DVDVR Message Board

*NEW* DC MOVIE THREAD

The Natural

48 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That's interesting. I don't remember him playing Superman. Just some mopey dope who dressed like him. 

I wasn't sure at first whether you meant "A mopey dope who dressed like Henry Cavill played Superman" or "Henry Cavill played a mopey dope who dressed like Superman", but either works.

A quick run-in for this folder (since I am so way beyond and am avoiding spoilers) but didn't realize the last thread was three years old and 125 pages+

So a new superman is a good place to start a new thread.

Have fun

Make good choices!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• RIPPA pinned this topic

I may be alone in this opinion, but out of all the things I didn't like about the Justice League movie, I thought Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman finally hit the proper tone (admittedly, my preferred tone so my argument is bias here) near the end of the movie. I thought they finally found the balance of corny, moral boyscout who has to restraint himself from fully unleashing his all-consuming powers, which I largely haven't seen in any Superman movie. The "corny but don't fuck with him" balance, if you will. Basically, Bruce Timm's Superman.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 3

No issue with the change.  They'll keep Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and start fresh with everything else.  The first thing they need is a guy or team who has a well organized plan and stick with it and also executives who will allow that person/team to operate without so much interference.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No issue with the change.  They'll keep Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and start fresh with everything else.  The first thing they need is a guy or team who has a well organized plan and stick with it and also executives who will allow that person/team to operate without so much interference.  

You don't want them to keep Momoa's Aquaman? I also would rather keep Davis's Waller as well unless they give the role to CCH Pounder.

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You don't want them to keep Momoa's Aquaman? I also would rather keep Davis's Waller as well unless they give the role to CCH Pounder.

I didn't love him in Justice League but I didn't like much about that movie period.   I guess I have to see this James Wan movie first,  the visuals are nice but I'm not sold on Momoa yet. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Casey said:

Let's imagine a world where Mo'nique was cast as Amanda Waller.

And that would have been awesome.

That does indeed sound pretty awesome, although I'd stick with Viola Davis.  Her seasons on HTGAWM have helped her get that Machiavellian thing down solid.

So basically, they're going to soft reboot the DCU, but with everything that happened already in place, just change actors and things around.

So... we're getting Flashpoint for the Flash movie, aren't we?

I doubt it goes anywhere, but the idle speculation from yesterday about Michael B.Jordan playing Superman sounds so awesome for two reasons.

1) I think he'd knock it out of the park playing that role, but I'm biased because I love everything he's done.

2) Oh man, the sweet, sweet tears of all of the racists and idiots on twitter will be very, very salty.

• Like 4

Brandon Routh's up to 3 with Superman, Todd Ingram, and Dylan Dog. 4 if you want to add TV and go with Ray Palmer too.

Josh Brolin's also at 3 with Jonah Hex, Cable, and Thanos.

But yeah, Evans has the most (and I do count Casey Jones from TMNT, it is a franchise based off a comic) 

Wow didn't realize Evans had so damn many. And I can hardly be blamed for trying to forget about Johan Hex. 

Also Craig is right. Jordan being cast as Superman would flood the internet with "Now I'm not racist, but....."

Push is weird because it is a superhero movie not based on a comic, but had a comic prequel.

Ryan Reynolds has Deadpool, RIPD, Green Lantern, and Hannibal King

Brolin has the previous three and Dwight in Sin City & Young K in MiB 3

They're doing the loose canon thing. Only what works stay as canon. Recasting allows them to distance themselves even further from Zack's vision and try another Superman reboot down the line.  Lighthearted but serious Superman approach would work better than the dark and mopey approach they did.

Not sure where's this rumor about possible black Superman lead is coming from, but they're better off adapting black president Superman from Morrisons run or Val Zod or Sunshine Superman if they go with that route.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I doubt it goes anywhere, but the idle speculation from yesterday about Michael B.Jordan playing Superman sounds so awesome for two reasons.

1) I think he'd knock it out of the park playing that role, but I'm biased because I love everything he's done.

2) Oh man, the sweet, sweet tears of all of the racists and idiots on twitter will be very, very salty.

I'd rather it not happen. I don't really care about the tears of racists, and if we get a black Superman I really want it to be the one Morrison made.