DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Becky's Clever Disguises - 9/11/2018

Dolfan in NYC

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to SDL Is Becky's Clever Disguises - 9/11/2018

You can all tell your grandkids where you were the night they turned Asuka into a comedy character.

I'm SO tired of the "coward" buzzword that is all over WWE telecasts lately. It's insanely awkward and ineffective to any semi-intelligent viewer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peck said:

You can all tell your grandkids where you were the night they turned Asuka into a comedy character.

I'm SO tired of the "coward" buzzword that is all over WWE telecasts lately. It's insanely awkward and ineffective to any semi-intelligent viewer.

Yeah, that promo was cringe, ugh.

At least SDL also showed itself as the land where heels and faces really can get along:

23 minutes ago, Peck said:

The saddest part is how easily I can see Michael Hayes and Road Dogg making the slant eyes gesture while doing stereotypical Asian accents for Vince, as he pisses his pants with laughter.

I'll be slightly disappointed if Rusev Day don't win the tag titles. Putting the titles back on New Day was fine in a pinch because of Rowan's injury, but they don't need the belts. They'll be over with or without them at this point. 

I hope R-Truth and Carmella last as a pair beyond the MMC. I think Carmella is a better face than heel. Corey was pretty good flip-flopping on Carmella like he were Bobby Heenan about Shawn Michaels. If you're going to be a full-blown heel announcer, you might as well study the best.

I enjoyed Charlotte/Sonya. I hope Sonya and Mandy get a push in the not too distant future. Becky jumping Charlotte was great. I can't recall if it was Saxton or Phillips, but one of them mentioned how Becky watched the entire match, scouting Charlotte before attacking her. I thought that was a nice touch.

I am in total agreement that Becky and Joe are national treasures.

Rusev Day vs. the Bar was fun.

Charlotte/Sonya was Sonya best performance yet. Hope we gt more of the to against each other at some point. the attack by Becky at the end was nice.

The closing angle with Bryan/Brie and Miz/Maryse was good.

• Like 1

I can't help think considering recent conversation (KO, the Bam Bam quote) that Vince probably looks at the women that are great workers and thinks of them the same way as men that are great workers and treats them the same. Probably his idea of equality. 

At least the finish on this one was perfect. The rest that I wanted to watch but ignored I'll watch en Espanol on Sunday. 

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I was half asleep during the Scooby Doo unmasking so she had me fooled. 

At first I was like "Oh, fuck.  Brooke Tessmacher is debuting in WWE," and then I was like "iT'S BECKY~!!"

So the DC Comics / Superman bullshit is true.  A good pair of eyeglasses is the best compliment to the perfect disguise.

6 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Clearly Becky went to the Stephanie McMahon School of Disguise.

More like the both of them went shopping at:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Rick said:

Funny how Carmella can go from being women's champion to R-Truth's handler and seemingly a face in a matter of 2 weeks. Admittedly, it's a way better look for her. 

The further Carmella gets from being a "guidette", the happier I'll be. Her chiming in with "What's Up?" during R-Truth's entrance is fine with me.

Oh God that Asuka/Naomi promo was painfully bad. Bad enough it kinda colored the whole show for me.

But I might never get tired of Becky beating the hell out of Charlotte, and I know I'm never going to get tired of the Bryan/Miz feud. I want this thing to run all the way to Mania.

I dug Brie and Bryan rocking Seahawks gear. But, of course, I'm the one person who likes Seattle's uniforms. So much better than their old cut rate Lions knock off look.

Rusev Day vs New Day should be fun. 

AJ with a decent promo, Joe with another really good one.

I am incapable of giving a shit about Hardy and Orton.

Mela as hype man was fun, and Truth looked more spry than I've seen in years.

• Like 1

If you're not in a privileged position you're going to have to start from scratch on the main roster. It's just the way it is as long as Vince is still alive. Asuka had a solid run in NXT. She will be defined by her undefeated streak. Whatever happens from here is a bonus. Selfishly I hope she sticks around long enough that we get to see her mix it up with Sane/Shirai.

The whole thing makes NXT look like shit. Along with the Ascension being jobbers. Skill or whatever aside, if you allow someone to hold your title/titles for a year and dominate your division, you should always protect them to a degree. 

It has to be Vince who hates Asuka. Charlotte beat her by submission while being poisoned by a ruptured implant. They could have ran the same exact angle with Asuka as champion and Carmella cashing in after the JOB Squad ambushes Asuka. 

But you can't make WWE have any sort of narrative sense. Its a cliche on forums, but the company is controlled by an elderly brain damaged man with dementia. I don't think Stephanie is much better. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Victator said:

It has to be Vince who hates Asuka. Charlotte beat her by submission while being poisoned by a ruptured implant. They could have ran the same exact angle with Asuka as champion and Carmella cashing in after the JOB Squad ambushes Asuka. 

And she still would have lost to Carmella just like Charlotte did. Losing the streak didn't hurt Asuka. The shitty follow up which saw her doing nothing and then lose to Carmella twice in moronic ways did. Asuka would have been fine had they turned her heel and had go after Charlotte for breaking the streak. That would have been the most sensible angle. We could have had Charlotte/Asuka for another month or two before having Asuka reign as a semi-crazy painted face lady who would then drop the belt to a proper face Becky Lynch.

The issue really goes back to the dumbass Carmella push and the feel that they needed to make the first women's MITB winner count. Of course none of this would matter had by been sane and not given it to Carmella back then in the first damn place.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

And she still would have lost to Carmella just like Charlotte did. Losing the streak didn't hurt Asuka. The shitty follow up which saw her doing nothing and then lose to Carmella twice in moronic ways did. Asuka would have been fine had they turned her heel and had go after Charlotte for breaking the streak. That would have been the most sensible angle. We could have had Charlotte/Asuka for another month or two before having Asuka reign as a semi-crazy painted face lady who would then drop the belt to a proper face Becky Lynch.

The issue really goes back to the dumbass Carmella push and the feel that they needed to make the first women's MITB winner count. Of course none of this would matter had by been sane and not given it to Carmella back then in the first damn place.

Exactly. WWE was so set on pushing Carmella that Asuka's streak was doomed either way, and at least she got to have it ended in a Wrestlemania classic rather than a random IIconics beatdown and awkward Carmella superkick. Ironically, I think Becky may have been a better opponent to feud with Carmella while Charlotte was away, but they may well have already been planning this current feud.