DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 6

Elsalvajeloco

12 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Surprised there is no catchweight or other provisions that I have heard so far in the Canelo-Kovalev contract.  

Based on how the previous negotiations went for Canelo's opponents and the current shape DAZN is in, if any side was going to compromise, it was going to be Canelo's camp. That would be mean no catchweights or day of rehydration rules. I did see on Wednesday though, along with the Shakur Stevenson and Joet Gonzalez for their upcoming vacant featherweight title bout, that both men had entered VADA testing. We don't know what caveat would come with a potential positive test result.

For all the people who have left Abel Sanchez over the past several months, he still managed to be a good luck charm for Alfredo Angulo. Sanchez managed to get Angulo to have a decent enough performance to make Peter Quillin look really old and somehow more past it than Angulo.

Also on the PBC on FS1 card from Saturday, some guys got murked supremely:

• Haha 1

Wilder vs. Ortiz II is going to be announced on Saturday during the Spence vs. Porter festivities and it's expected to take place on 11/23 in Las Vegas. It will be a Fox PPV, hence, why the announcement is being set for this week. However, there is a clear line being drawn between Fox and Showtime as you can see.

So Fox gets Spence vs. Mikey Garcia, Pacquiao vs. Thurman, Spence vs. Porter, Wilder vs. Ortiz II, and potential joint PPV with ESPN w/ Wilder vs. Fury II. Showtime gets...Lubin vs. Gausha with a crossroads bout between Robert Easter and Adrian Granados and Rau'shee Warren vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez. I mean that would be a decent FS1 card, but I doubt that's what Showtime had in mind for a card late in the year.