DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL: WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, evilwaldo said:

Andy Reid knows how to develop a quarterback.  He took a ton of flack for moving up to draft Mahomes and was criticized by everyone for reaching.

Reid made a killing developing and trading QBs in Philly.

He's like 90% an all-time great head coach, and then the other 10% most of us could do.

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

Hopefully not lost in the bad penalty and missed kicks is the "woulda made Andy Reid proud" clock management by Mike Mccarthy. They basically took no time off the clock while allowing Minnesota to retain timeouts. Pop Warner coaches who don't know the rules would have done better. 

That was infuriating. I know they wanted the killshot TD, but they didn't need it.

After everything though, I've never been more appreciative of a tie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Three presidents have been in office since Eli Manning was a decent quarterback. If Manfort's evidence is any good, could be four.

This isn't a defense of Eli per se but no one will be successful behind that Oline

At some point - the University of Miami will request that Ereck Flowers stop acknowledging he went there

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

While I suspect Patrick Mahomes will fall off from his 80 TD, 0 INT pace, here's some prisoner of the moment hype.

-He's the youngest QB to throw 6 TDs in a game, at 22.

-He's the first QB to win his first three career road games.

-He has the most TD passes after three career games, despite having zero in his first game.

-He has the most TD passes after the first two games of a season in NFL history. 

-He's the third QB to throw 6 TD in a game while having fewer than 6 incompletions. The other two are Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

-Len Dawson somehow still has the single season passing TD record for KC, at 30. I'm just gonna say Mahomes has broken it already. Never done this, though.

73370_10151241453061006_705345313_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e499f0448a07c8a93721cbd5e58dd82c&oe=5C14A741

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am shocked - SHOCKED - that LeGarrette Blount can't control his temper

I just saw the video clip of this. I think it's even worse that Thom Brennaman tried to justify the hit, and said that Lee should have been flagged. Stafford was in bounds, on the move, and it wasn't like Lee barrelled into him at full speed. Blount shoved Lee after the play was over, and did it on the blind side.  If anything, props for the other couple of 49ers who were right there, and didn't let it turn into a big scuffle.