DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Napoleonic Code - 9/10/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Lio Rush with Lashley is interesting. Its sad that the talent of 205Live have such low wages they need second jobs.

Nikki/Ruby was solid. Nikki looked even better her than last week.

Dug the Hart Attack in Ronda/Nattie s. Alexa/Mickie

Owens having cart blanche to do whateve the fuck he wants should be interesting.

It was nice to see Dean talk again. Its been weird having him just go out and be intense.

I figured hey, I'll give it a shot... I watched for a minute, Elias wouldn't shut up about FOOTBALL... FOOT FUCKING BALL their biggest ratings killer of the season getting free advertisement on their show. Might has well have said hey guys Football is on GO WATCH IT. I screamed I yelled I gave up immediately. WHAT THE FUCK LOL

12 minutes ago, ScriptedFemales said:

I figured hey, I'll give it a shot... I watched for a minute, Elias wouldn't shut up about FOOTBALL... FOOT FUCKING BALL

It's not like Elias could have made a Hurricane Katrina joke.

......cause Corey did. At first, I was like "oooh too soon" but then I realized I worked Harvey! We're allowed to make jokes about Katrina now.

It's such a massive difference watching Mick Foley cut a promo about being a referee versus pretty much everyone else on the roster.  Like you can just picture some writer giving Foley a promo and him going "Yeah, I'll put my own spin on it" and throwing it away.  It's like an actor from 'Breaking Bad' accidentally wandering away from the set, and delivering a monologue in the middle of 'Last Man Standing'.

• Like 4

Last Man Standing as in the Bruce Willis joint?  because I always loved that movie.  But to your point,  the writers are horrendous and have been for years.  Every time a Foley or Heyman or Shawn or hell even Hunter show up they are so much better than everyone else on the roster it's just why even bother watching the rest of the show? It reminds me of how shit everything else is. 

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

It's not like Elias could have made a Hurricane Katrina joke.

......cause Corey did. At first, I was like "oooh too soon" but then I realized I worked Harvey! We're allowed to make jokes about Katrina now.

Corey should have gone into the Aristocrats joke like Gilbert Gottfried did after his Empire State Building joke after 9/11.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh lord...   I've never seen it.  Tim Allen huh?  I'm better off watching RAW.  

Its a very red state friendly show and, to me, pretty poor. The guys at work used to watch it and Rules of Engahement in the middle of the night. 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Its a very red state friendly show and, to me, pretty poor. The guys at work used to watch it and Rules of Engahement in the middle of the night. 

Oh okay. I've never found Tim Allen to be funny even on Home Improvement I thought the show was how can I put this..  watchable.  I was young and I don't think it holds up.  Boy Meets World, for example,  another ABC sitcom is way better... 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh okay. I've never found Tim Allen to be funny even on Home Improvement I thought the show was how can I put this..  watchable.  I was young and I don't think it holds up.  Boy Meets World, for example,  another ABC sitcom is way better... 

Outside of Galaxy Quest and Toy Story, not sure what else of his i would recommend. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I find it funny there was a very special Home Improvement planned about drunk driving that got scrapped when Tim Allen got arrested for drunk driving.

The after school special episodes of Home Improvement didn't hit me as hard as say The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air "why don't he want me?" episode or "Carlton has a gun" or "Carlton takes drugs from Will's locker"..  

Fuck,  the cast all around for Fresh Prince was amazing..  an amazing cast.  Will Smith, James Avery, Alfonso Ribeiro, Karyn Parsons were just incredible actors. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The after school special episodes of Home Improvement didn't hit me as hard as say The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air "why don't he want me?" episode or "Carlton has a gun" or "Carlton takes drugs from Will's locker"..  

Fuck,  the cast all around for Fresh Prince was amazing..  an amazing cast.  Will Smith, James Avery, Alfonso Ribeiro, Karyn Parsons were just incredible actors. 

I just watched the ending of the Will's deadbeat dad Fresh Prince again recently. It still gets to me because it hits very close to home.

My favorite is a very special Saved by the Bell when Jesse turns into a speed freak hooked on caffeine pills. "I'm so exicted. I'm so excited. I'm so...scared."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BNosanchuk said:

For the 2nd time in like 6 months the best part of the show was those kids; this time cosplaying as their own superhero pro wrestler.  

I've seen it, but I'm glad I missed it tonight. Those kids get me teary eyed. Sick kids and abused animals turn me into a mess.

I love how roughly every other year they have Mick cut a promo on the HIAC go home show, and he always does more in four minutes to get over the match than the entire multi-week build combined. Even as a shell of his former self on the stick, he's still better than literally everyone on RAW.

Fuck, the best promos the last three weeks have been Triple H, HBK, Taker and Foley. That's not ideal.

• Like 5