DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Napoleonic Code - 9/10/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Dean Ambrose's dad being a cop is interesting because I was sure he was raised by a pack of stray dogs. 

Nikki looked great in her match with Ruby Riott.  Additionally, I want her to never, ever be on my TV again.

Speaking of which, I sincerely hope Foley isn't going to be taking some ridiculous bump off the cell.  Please.  

• Like 2

Just now, EVA said:

I flipped over to Raw and saw Spud with AOP.

Somebody is definitely going to have to explain that to me.

Akim and Rezar are huge and scary and cannot form a coherent sentence.

Paul Ellering is a thousand years old and cannot cross the seal on the floor.  Such is the price of immortality.

Drake is hilarious to see with them becuase he's teeny tiny.  Also he can put them over until the day they eventually rip in him two like the T-Rexes in whichever Jurassic Park that was. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Akim and Rezar are huge and scary and cannot form a coherent sentence.

Paul Ellering is a thousand years old and cannot cross the seal on the floor.  Such is the price of immortality.

Drake is hilarious to see with them becuase he's teeny tiny.  Also he can put them over until the day they eventually rip in him two like the T-Rexes in whichever Jurassic Park that was. 

I get all that.  I'm talking about, what's the storyline rationale of him going from 205 Live GM to managing AOP?  That seems so random to me on multiple levels.

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

I get all that.  I'm talking about, what's the storyline rationale of him going from 205 Live GM to managing AOP?  That seems so random to me on multiple levels.

He’s also presumably still the 205 Live GM.

You’re completely caught up.

I am not exaggerating. 

• Like 6

Having watched probably the smallest amount of TNA of anyone that posts here, I had no idea that's what Spud looked like. It's not just that he's 5'4", it's that he seems to have a regular sized torso and these teeny tiny legs, like he has a birth defect. (Now someone is gonna tell me he does and I'm gonna feel bad)

The women's matches were good. Nikki and Nattie had their working boots on bigtime. And speaking of the women Renee seriously had hers on as well. The response to Corey's moan about how Ronda won't talk to him (something like "Well, you aren't a very friendly person and that's a fact") was perfect. Cole telling her "no cheering" sounded like Vince over the headset though.

Foley's punch perm might be the best hair he's ever had. 

Dean's dad, if he was a cop, must've been one like Dennis Hopper in True Romance

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EVA said:

Well, you see, there's a good explanation for that, which is WHO CARES DAMMIT! HAH HAH PAL! I LOVE HORNSWAGGLE MANAGING THE AOP!

But yes, if you're looking for a reason for, well, anything, you're not going to find it. It's WWE. They can only aspire to be 5% as good as any storylines from BTE.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

With Drake managing AOP, Lio coaching/managing Lashley and Gulak being involved in those Shield brawls the past two weeks it seems like Vince is poaching the best characters from 205 and sprinkling them over to the main shows. Wouldn't surprise me to see more inclusions over the next few weeks. As far as I'm aware the cruisers aren't even a thing on Raw anymore. 

You know, I'm almost happy Lio got saddled with Lashley, because it means that for now Montez Ford is still safe.

Also, we're never going to get anything remotely close to what Lashley was in Impact, are we?

26 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Boss and Hug are milk carton status.  Damn shame. 

And they indirectly look bad with how easily the Bellas are beating the Riott Squad who Bayley/Sasha basically went 50/50 with in their series of random matches.

I missed the first hour being at the hospital with my grandmother. She was released, I got her prescriptions, and she's back home.

I like how The Shield can come back when they're not in the swat gear. Roman's personalized swat gear is ok. That's the ultimate WWE logic. "Ok, The Shield are being kicked out of the arena and threatened to be arrested. How can we have them come back later in the show?"

"Ummmm...they just come back wearing their WWE.shop.com merch?"

"That's brilliant!"

I was hoping Foley was going to ask Elias to see his guitar, then give him the El Kabong.

Chad Gable needs his own Glorious robe. We know Roode is turning at some point, but I hope it's not rushed. I like Gable being overly enthusiastic about impressing Roode and getting the job done.

I want vignettes with Lio Rush hyping up Lashley as he does everyday, mundane things: taking out the garbage, getting the mail, dropping off dry cleaning, picking up the kids from school, etc.

• Like 4

I thought the Cole-Renee bit at the end was more of Cole always being a fan of Elias. Right after he said no cheering he was like "But I understand your elation"

Foley was the best, loving this inclusion of legends every week. He's already made that cell match more important feeling.

28 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Boss and Hug are milk carton status.  Damn shame. 

Hey, we gotta build up for that Triple H/Taker match that's going to be on at 5 in the morning. They'll get a couple mins a week when that women's thing kicks into high gear.