DVDVR Message Board

Burt Reynolds has died at the age of 82

John from Cincinnati

I recently re-watched the episode of Archer he was on. It still astounds me how funny and charismatic that man was with just his voice. 

Also, I watched this movie like a hundred times on HBO.   God he was awesome.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well this sucks

I feel like I am the only Stroker Ace fan in the world

No sir you are not. I loved that movie as a kid and I probably would still enjoy it today. I watched it as much as I watched Back to the Future, the Goonies, and Ghostbusters. I still remember the Stroker Ace song from the end and constantly reference the "fastest chicken in the south."

Sadly, Burt Reynolds passing away is one of those deaths where I realize the person was even still alive. I mean, he has been through some shit. It wasn't even 10 years ago that he had quadruple or quintuple bypass surgery and he still made it to now.

RIP. Dude made some damn good movies and played some of incredibly iconic characters.

Watching that preview of Stroker Ace makes me wonder wtf my parents were thinking of letting me watch that as much as they did.

Then again, they also let me watch stuff like Eddie Murphy's Raw.

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Watching that preview of Stroker Ace makes me wonder wtf my parents were thinking of letting me watch that as much as they did.

Then again, they also let me watch stuff like Eddie Murphy's Raw.

You think that's weird? I watched fucking Striptease with my folks and will forever remember Burt coming out covered in vaseline. 

IIRC this is one of the funniest episodes of Dinner for Five ever

RIP

• Like 1

And lest we forget.... 

Damn it.  I was positive I'd made @RIPPA review Mania X.    I wanted to see the internal debate in his head as to which particular brand of whiskey Burt is hammered on in this clip.   

My guess is Johnnie Walker Gold. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My mom LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEESSSSS Smokey and the Bandit and the Cannonball Run movies.  Burt Reynolds was the epitome of the charismatic movie star.  I don't know if he could act, but I also don't care.  I know when he was driving around in a cool car, I wanted to hang out with him.

• Like 2

As a 5-year-old with a metric ton of Matchbox/Hot Wheels/Corgi cars and like-minded friends, Smokey & The Bandit was like Citizen Kane to us. Just the greatest movie ever made. The stunt work still holds up, and it's amazing watching Burt just glide through the damn thing because it's right in his cinematic sweet spot.

Northbound and down. RIP Burt.

• Like 1