DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2 - EPISODE 1

Eivion

On 9/7/2018 at 2:34 PM, Eivion said:

I saw a gif of her hitting some moves during this tournament. That woman is going to be over huge if she is able to do shit like that with any sort of semi-regularity. She will be to women what Rey was in 90s to juniors/cruiserweights fans.

Spoiler

SolidWeightyDassie-max-1mb.gif

Yeah, I think she can definitely do a Gainer/Shooting Star Press

Edited by RIPPA
Added spoiler box due to it being a spoiler
  • Like 1

Like I said she is going to be huge. She could have practically no personality and be a star just do being able to do stuff it like that. Has to kind of be annoying if you are a female high flyer and see someone who can pull that shit off. I kind of fear for the other female high flyers who are going to the feel the need to step up their game after seeing stuff like that.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Like I said she is going to be huge. She could have practically no personality and be a star just do being able to do stuff it like that. Has to kind of be annoying if you are a female high flyer and see someone who can pull that shit off. I kind of fear for the other female high flyers who are going to the feel the need to step up their game after seeing stuff like that.

For what its worth, they don't really have many female high flyers.  Belair has her 450, Shirai has her elbow, but Charlotte probably has the most high flying moves.  If Cantazaro is someone who has a high-flying style as a base, she'll be a pretty big change of pace compared to the rest of the roster.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

For what its worth, they don't really have many female high flyers.  Belair has her 450, Shirai has her elbow, but Charlotte probably has the most high flying moves.  If Cantazaro is someone who has a high-flying style as a base, she'll be a pretty big change of pace compared to the rest of the roster.

Kairi does the elbow drop. Shirai does the moonsault, asai moonsault, suicide dive, & springboard dropkick regularly and has done even more than that in the past. Besides I meant that more in a general sense than WWE. I can definitely see some trying for more after seeing another woman capable of it.

Watched this with the fam last night.

Tegan was okay. Thought Zatara was cleaner in the ring, but Tegan is pretty clearly a face they can build sympathy behind as the tournament progresses. I would assume the plan is to get her in Ripley against eachother in a couple of rounds, which will be pretty good.

MJ Jenkins was toooo pose-y. She needs to clean it up and have like one pose that is easily identifiable and then figure out how to fit that in. There were times where I didn't know if she was posing or, getting fired up, or selling, or having a fit, or a seizure. Ripley was good at putting Jenkins in a position to get sympathy and I loved the abdominal stretch spot. A great spot to just sit on it, look dominant, and give your face enough room to perform for the audience.

Did not like Lacey Lane. I really disliked her hype video where she was doing terrible pushups and saying her style was Japanese Strong Style, which is the most lame indie shit to say. Her look is interesting, but like Ember Moon I don't know what it is that's she's supposed to be when I see her. She doesn't look like a Lacey Lane. She looks like a female Scorpion. I get that she's greener than some of the others and can see potential, but I was not enthused about her winning. 

Kraven was good. I like that she moves slow. Like when Lacey would get away. Kraven would walk stomp after her. It shows an awareness of what you look like and maximizing it. Bummed she's out.

Main event was the best match. Killer Kelly took an ass whooping and came out the talk of the show. Her selling of the moves as they happened were great, but I wish during the come backs she could have shown it a little more. But hell of a match. 

Really good first episode overall. Each match was fun in some way, and I love seeing wrestlers I've never seen before do something cool.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:57 AM, RIPPA said:

From a Florida house show

Lacey Lane, now called Lay Lane, & Kacey Catanzaro beat Reina Gonzalez & Taynara Conti. Catanzaro did all kinds of great stuff and was over. One move was leaping off the apron over the top rope back into the ring, landing on the middle rope and doing a springboard dropkick.

So if she does that - it is gonna go over real well in Full Sail

We spent a week making fun of this description...then she did that shit.

• Like 1

Tegan Nox looked really good. Looking forward to see more of her in NXT.

Gonna give new look Rhea Ripley a chance but they totally need to re-imagine that outfit... like its all wrong, proportions all over the place.

Vanessa Kraven vs. Lacey Lane was probably the most entertaining match. Like, they need to sign Vanessa Kraven yesterday.

Killer Kelly is a glutton for punishment. Meiko Satomura is like that ornery aunt who taught Asuka everything she knew,  decided to join the tourney to teach the gals a thing or two.... about pain.