DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] September 5, 2018 TV Show

Peck

1 hour ago, Peck said:

The thought of Otis Dozovic with the Bubbleguts is scarier than anything you'll see in October.

If there is ever a Chris Farley biopic, Otis Dozovic needs to play Farley.

I already knew Shayna Baszler was awesome, but seeing her in a Bad Religion shirt...I love her even more. If I was Mauro, I'd start dropping Bad Religion song titles in during Shayna's matches.

It's going to be fun when Johnny Gargano completely snaps over the "Johnny Failure" chants. Velveteen needs to do a stretcher job, then Johnny goes full Sid and knocks the stretcher over with Velveteen strapped in.

• Like 3

This Dream/Gargano match is a friggin' masterpiece. Like... this is one of the best matches ever at Full Sail. It's old-school wrestling television at its best. It's a simple, short-term rivalry set up by Velveteen being a showboating jerk taunting the "heart and soul" of NXT.

It has weeks of callbacks -- everything from Gargano losing his soul to his hurt knee to Dream teasing the apron Dream Valley Driver to the missed apron elbow. Johnny hit the right marks doing his "tortured soul" act. He can be a really bad overactor, even by wrestling standards. But he wasn't overboard with this at all. 

I loved that Dream held his own against Johnny. He acted meanly when attacking Johnny's hurt knee and with taunts. But he wasn't overpowered by Johnny at all in their mat exchanges. I loved how Johnny got frustrated at that. Johnny saw an opening to hurt Velveteen after Dream's missed elbow drive by putting the Escape on the floor. (That was an awesome near count-out, too.) Loved how Dream found a way to block the ropes DDT with a great panic sell. (Dream's mannerisms are always done with a future WrestleMania crowd in mind. He acts like he's already performing in front of 65,000 people, even when he's in front of the 300 or so at Full Sail.)

Tying it all with a young Johnny Gargano fan at ringside was just awesome usage of a crowd plant like that. It really felt organic and authentic. The kid (almost in the Izzy seats)  just held up a sign. There wasn't anything more than that. But of course Dream saw weakness and knew how to play mindgames with Johnny. He got in his head and won with a beautiful Dream Valley Driver. 

Really an A+ match. 

Also: Shayna rocking a Bad Religion shirt was awesome. And the Street Profits vs. Forgotten Sons match was also a total blast.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I already knew Shayna Baszler was awesome, but seeing her in a Bad Religion shirt...I love her even more. If I was Mauro, I'd start dropping Bad Religion song titles in during Shayna's matches.

I would REALLY love it if all Mauro did was drop references to Into The Unknown. "She's chasing the wild goose!"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I would REALLY love it if all Mauro did was drop references to Into The Unknown. "She's chasing the wild goose!"

A Baszler submission match would be the perfect time for a 2 for 1. "It's only over when...you give up".

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

OHNO vs. KEITH LEE... again

OHNO vs. MATT RIDDLE

OHNO vs IO SHIRAI

Nice shout out to his former Kings of Wrestling partner. 

What about the nxt universe, Kassius? What about the kids that need a hero?

I wish I could find the version with Larry Sweeney's intro. If things were different and Sweeney was still here, I'm convinced he'd be an announcer in nxt or perhaps the AoP's new manager.

• Like 1