DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Fabulous Truth - 9/4/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I actually kinda like the pairing of R-Truth and Carmella. They seem like a pretty natural pairing. 

It's really refreshing to see Bryan standing tall at the end of the show, and not made to look like an idiot. I'm very glad Bryan vs. Almas was a clean match. Hopefully, Bryan and Miz are kept apart for a long, long while after HITC. I'd love a Bryan/Almas feud. 

Nice to see Rusev Day get the win. They're still over. It's long overdue for them to have a tag title reign. I didn't want to see a re-hash of New Day/Usos and I don't want to see a re-hash of New Day/The Bar.

Overall, much better than Raw. Things mostly make sense on SD, whereas Raw feels like it's booked by someone with dementia. See, I'm not negative about WWE all the time.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also,  I'm giving The Purge a chance..  

I'm not because I've got the Yankees game and an hour of Seinfeld, but I guess it would have been better for last night's thread to be titled Raw is binge and Purge.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I actually kinda like the pairing of R-Truth and Carmella. They seem like a pretty natural pairing. 

It's really refreshing to see Bryan standing tall at the end of the show, and not made to look like an idiot. I'm very glad Bryan vs. Almas was a clean match. Hopefully, Bryan and Miz are kept apart for a long, long while after HITC. I'd love a Bryan/Almas feud. 

Nice to see Rusev Day get the win. They're still over. It's long overdue for them to have a tag title reign. I didn't want to see a re-hash of New Day/Usos and I don't want to see a re-hash of New Day/The Bar.

Overall, much better than Raw. Things mostly make sense on SD, whereas Raw feels like it's booked by someone with dementia. See, I'm not negative about WWE all the time.

R-Mella (I didn't come up with it, but it works well) should be fun for sure. It segues into the upcoming MMC II, has continuity with the various R-Truth jokes over recent weeks, and its a sensible way to give Carmella something to do now she's out of the title scene. After shows like last night's Raw, its always to be appreciated when WWE does something that makes sense.

Liked Almas/Bryan a lot (great chemistry, unsurprisingly), and thought the Charlotte/Becky promo was well-acted and did a good job of building intensity without overdoing it. Joe's promo was good too though I thought the opening 'OHHHH WENNNNNDY!' was a bit much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The NWA title is more relevant than it’s been in years, and suddenly R-Trurh is winning main events. Coincidence? I think not.

Next thing you know, he'll revert to being called Ron "The Truth" Killings.

Becky and Charlotte were refreshingly abrupt and just the right degree of clever. Obviously I don't know what went in to the production, but it felt like a "these are the points to hit--go!" sort of thing, rather than the overscripted banter we sometimes get, where wrestlers recite comebacks that clearly took fifteen minutes to think up. Instead, they talked over one another, and it actually felt a little angry and awkward. Really good. 

Speaking of refreshingly combative things: Bryan and Almas struggled over a goddamn irish whip. Both guys are as good as it gets at making the go-go style look fast, athletic, and yet not too clean, like all that pretty choreography is actually effective violence. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The NWA title is more relevant than it’s been in years, and suddenly R-Trurh is winning main events. Coincidence? I think not.

The funny thing is that if Cody was still in WWE, he'd probably be main eventing The Main Event against R-Truth right about now.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

The funny thing is that if Cody was still in WWE, he'd probably be main eventing The Main Event against R-Truth right about now.

R-Truth, Tye Dillenger & Sin Cara vs. The Cosmic Wasteland (Stardust & The Ascension). I'd say Cody made the right move.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

While that team was dismal, this one was absolutely amazing:

maxresdefault.jpg

Move it up to the Bad News Barrett timeframe and call them Cosmic Bad News. Then, have a hologram of Bad News Brown materialize during their matches to wipe out their opponents with the Ghetto Blaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The show starting with Almas/Bryan, finishing with

1. a decent three-way tag where most of the participants were conspicuously on the floor most of the time with Rusev winning

2. Truth winning

3. the heels getting choked

is not a bad show. You can easily mute through everything else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Only thing that really bothered me was Carmela and Truth just leaving. Mela should've stopped Maryse from escaping or something.

I liked Miz running back to the ring, then stumbling back to the ramp, as he & the Mrs. looked on in horror, realizing they may have pushed Mr. & Mrs. Danielson too far and are going to get fucked up. Bryan giving Miz the seated elbows and stomping his head in would be a great flashback to ROH World champion, best in the world, and terrific dickhead Bryan Danielson.