DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Destruction 2013

The Natural

Here be the card:

0. Tiger Mask, BUSHI & Takaaki Watanabe vs. Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI
1. Special Tag Match: KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. TAKA Michinoku Posted Image & Taichi
2. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway Posted Image © vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
3. Special 8 Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & Mascara Dorada vs. Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga, Rey Bucanero & Bad Luck Fale
4. Special Singles Match: Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki
5. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata
6. Lumberjack Death Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
7. NEVER Openweight Title (vs. IWGP Heavyweight Title shot): Masato Tanaka Posted Image © vs. Tetsuya Naito
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs. Shelton Benjamin
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs. Satoshi Kojima

Credit: puroresufan.com

I'm a NJPW fan but I don't have little interest in this show taking place on the 29th of September, this weekend.

Okada vs Kojima was great during the G1 but I really don't need to see it again. I have a hard time seeing them topping that match.

Naito vs Tanaka has a good build but the finish couldnt be more obvious.

The match I'm most into is the Laughter 7 tag. Of course.

New Japan uses the term "Death Match" with just about any gimmick match i.e. any cage match is a "Cage Death Match" - not that I'm against undercard guys walloping them with pieces of lumber, or Triple H making a cameo so he can hit somebody with the handle end of an axe.

I assume someone (Liger being as good as anyone) beats Conway and gets an extended vacation to the United states before dropping the title there.

Then the NWA can claim international title defenses and bring a foreign name back to freshen up the title matches over here.