DVDVR Message Board

MIXED MATCH CHALLENGE - ROUND 2

RIPPA

Thought that Flair/Hardy vs Asuka/Miz match was one of the best of the season so far, it helped having less of the super-goofiness the SDL matches have had in recent weeks. (As a general trend, its interesting how most weeks the Raw matches are played relatively straight and the SDL ones have all the zaniness.)

• 2 weeks later...

Based on who is left - I guess Balor and Bayley are winning

Which seems like a waste of Balor for the Rumble since he is the perfect type of guy to hang around for 50 minutes without having to win

You can't upstage the GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE with the totally normal average Royal Rumble.  

Announcing #30 for the Rumbles is an awful idea anyway, but I guess if you're punting on having an interesting return/debut at 30 you might as well just announcing it ahead of time and save yourself the boos of disappointment.

I was hoping they would keep Braun out til the Rumble, run with Hawkins/Ember Moon for the finals, Hawkins comes out at #30, Braun runs from the back, runs him over, eliminates everyone, goes to WrestleMania, beats Brock (hahahahaha).

It almost made too much sense as soon as they announced Hawkins but I guess their plan was just to .... uh .... bury Hawkins more?

On 11/14/2018 at 10:56 AM, RIShane said:

Thought that Flair/Hardy vs Asuka/Miz match was one of the best of the season so far, it helped having less of the super-goofiness the SDL matches have had in recent weeks. (As a general trend, its interesting how most weeks the Raw matches are played relatively straight and the SDL ones have all the zaniness.)

I figure SmackDown! tends to have more silliness, because they do the show right after SmackDown! and people on the SmackDown! side probably had a match already that night

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, DreamBroken said:

We're getting a Mahalicia vs. Fabulous Truth final!

If that is the case and Fabulous Truth wins watch R Truth miss read the number then try to come out at #3 in the Rumble or book his vacation the night of the Rumble. 

Lemme tell you something, baby, dont' worry about the Royal Rumble.  Ain't nobody left in this need to be winning either one of them anyway.  The vacation is what matters and vignettes of the winners on vacation.

Let's say Mahal and Foxy win and pick a boat trip as their vacation.  Recently retired Rhyno recently purchased a marina.  Rhyno takes them out on a boat, jokes about the Jericho Cruise get made, Foxy can wear a ridiculous captain's hat.  Then R-Truth pops up and when Mahal questions why he's on the boat, Truth tells him he's on his vacation from winning the MMC which angers Mahal and a fight breaks out which leads to Rhyno and R-Truth dumping Mahal overboard which leads to the Singh Bros. dressed like pirates picking Mahal up and chasing the other boat to a desert island where Carmella shows up on the beach and calls for a dance break and then we see Hornswoggle pop up from under the water and plant a bomb on the boat and the 2018 MMC officially ends with a boat blowing up.  There's your goddamn pyro, pal.

• Like 3