DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE SHIELD IS PURGED - 9/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Kenny vs Pentagon. I assumed you caught it, since you're clearly well-versed in the subject matter to which you speak with such authority. 

Yeah, that's what's going on here.  All of a sudden I'm an indy super fan.  Call me Mr. Sinister Fan.  You implied that ALL IN had no build.  I told you it did. And even if it didn't, what would that have to do with WWE announcing random matches on social media?  I don't care who does it..  I'd rather see a reason behind why the matches are taking place. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

That ending sure was something. In addition to being a liar, a thief, a woman abuser, law enforcement assaulter, federal inmate escapee, we can now add car thief to Roman's resume.

Wait, where does the woman abuser come from? Also doesn't all of this apply to the entire Shield?

They're really fucking up that Evolution PPV. 2/4's of the confirmed card were last active in-ring allll the way back in 2006. I fully expect Brie Bella VS. Maryse to happen, and at this point, if you don't think that Bryan/Miz storyline is going to branch off into a story for the two women leading up to this PPV, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Liv Morgan is the most entertaining woman on RAW. Fight me.

• Sad 1

Does anyone know how long Finn's contract is for? I know he squashed Corbin at Summerslam and had the title match with Roman the night after, but it feels like he's jobbing far more than not. Maybe he's in AJ Styles/Bryan Danielson/Samoa Joe territory of always remaining over, but it feels like they go out of their way to make him look bad. Being paired off with Baron Corbin isn't going to do anyone any favors. Finn vs. Corbin is one of those angles that feels like it's been dragging forever with no conclusion in sight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It always is. The chemistry is there. 

Finn is Braun's second best opponent.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

They're really fucking up that Evolution PPV. 2/4's of the confirmed card were last active in-ring allll the way back in 2006.

Technically they were both active this January in the RR. One of them looked meh as usual while the other looked good in said match. Its also only two matches right now on a card that will likely have 9 or more matches.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Does anyone know how long Finn's contract is for? I know he squashed Corbin at Summerslam and had the title match with Roman the night after, but it feels like he's jobbing far more than not. Maybe he's in AJ Styles/Bryan Danielson/Samoa Joe territory of always remaining over, but it feels like they go out of their way to make him look bad. Being paired off with Baron Corbin isn't going to do anyone any favors. Finn vs. Corbin is one of those angles that feels like it's been dragging forever with no conclusion in sight.

I don't know, he went almost 30 with Roman, and he hung with Braun for like 12, his loss to Corbin last week was an obvious heel cheats thing.

I mean, getting him away from Corbin would be nice, but Vince is reportedly high on Corbin so it's probably not intentionally hurting him.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know he squashed Corbin at Summerslam and had the title match with Roman the night after, but it feels like he's jobbing far more than not.

As far as singles matches on TV are concerned - in 2018, he's 9-8 so far. If you want to include tag matches, multi-man matches like six man tags, etc - he's 24-21.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Technically they were both active this January in the RR. One of them looked meh as usual while the other looked good in said match. Its also only two matches right now on a card that will likely have 9 or more matches.

If you want to get technical, they've both had numerous tag team, multi-person and comedy singles matches since their retirements over a decade ago. That doesn't take away from my original point, though. LayCool coming back to challenge Bayley and Sasha isn't off the table probably.

Lita and Trish are entitled to a spot on this PPV. They carried the division for years in a period when the women could have disappeared and no one would have noticed. The Chyna title reign damaged the division badly. Trish stepped up both in the ring and as a character and carried the division. 

• Like 5

I switched between Raw and The Simpsons (as is tradition) and I missed out on a couple of parts, can anyone answer:

1) During Braun's promo did he explain why he's with Drew and Dolph? Are they a team now or just have a common enemy?

2) Why was Drake with AOP? Is he their manager now? And still the GM for 205?

41 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That's true but where is the match quality going to come from?  There needs to be some good wrestling on this show...  it can't get by entirely on nostalgia.  I will assume that Becky and Charlotte are probably facing one another,  so that's good.  

Trish and Alexa could be okay... maybe.  But probably passable at best.  Lita vs. Mickie won't be good.  And Ronda vs. Nikki is heavily rumored.  

Most of the best women;  Asuka,  Ruby, Sasha, Ember etc.  have nothing going on right now. 

And I do agree with @Victator that Trish and Lita should be on the card.  But if this is 3 hours of wrestling that resembles the Bellas tag from tonight....   good lord.