DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE SHIELD IS PURGED - 9/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Pro-WWE opinions are absolutely met with resistance on this board and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

You could make the argument for me being antagonistic, sure, but to say that about Gregg is not at all fair. He literally won't post in these threads anymore because people were such dicks to him.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Pro-WWE opinions are absolutely met with resistance on this board and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

You could make the argument for me being antagonistic, sure, but to say that about Gregg is not at all fair. He literally won't post in these threads anymore because people were such dicks to him.

Gregg posts enough about NXT and isn't doing the whole thing where he insinuates we're all just indy marks or whatever. I'd like to think we've all made enough of an understanding that no one gives a shit if someone has a pro-WWE opinion. Here is this comment though from the 2015 Royal Rumble that references what Gregg was on.

On 1/26/2015 at 9:02 PM, El Dragon said:

In the last month he has told us to fuck off, and yesterday he outright insulted our intellegence and got called on it by many. If he wasn't "trying" to insult anyone, he sure as hell failed and pissed people off. And he deserved the response he got.

Anyway, nearly every week Burgundy and others posts pro-WWE opinions or thoughts about the product. Hell, Burgundy has been the most staunch Roman supporter here I think and no one gives a shit. When she made the comment that she sucks off Vince or whatever the fuck I had to go through and check and couldn't find anything before I flat out gave up. 

At the same time, this is a discussion board so if someone sees something that doesn't jibe well with reality, like the "let's wait and see how this plays out" shit, then it's probably going to be called out. Although in the last couple years I feel that people don't act outwardly immature when it comes to views that differ from the majority. It just seems like we've all been beaten down enough to not give that much of a shit because nothing is going to change with what we're watching anyway. I mean, we'll all bitch and moan, but then it's just left to disappointment until the next episode.

I also wonder if it's more of a feeling of "why post something positive when it's not going to make a blip among the whole 'fuck WWE' sentiment." I could certainly understand that.

One last thing, the current trend seems to be people looking for any sort of positive from Raw to provide a reason to watch. A bunch of us did that this week and you see that a lot week to week. Sometimes the whole show is just terrible, but people will point out that one good thing.

And then you have SDL which puts on a better product week to week, but gets half the live attendance and probably half the amount of discussion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorman said:

Ziggler and McIntyre stealing Revival's title shot saved us from the possibility of Roman Reigns, Rollins, Revival and Ronda Rousey as Raw champs.

You'll be disappointed when Seth ends up a double champion for the 2nd time, when he and Dean beat ZigIntyre.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I must have missed that which is odd because I usually read every post in the RAW threads. There's nothing wrong with liking Roman Reigns. Again, this is a board from my recollection has been more Pro-Reigns than any other place on the internet.  The booking surrounding Reigns has been an issue though.  I think it's an issue when the top guy is having people walk out during his matches and I think it's an issue that others have also suffered and whose growth has been stunted to get Roman over. But liking Roman?  That's not an issue. He's a really good wrestler and seems like a good dude too. 

But you should definitely post whatever the heck you want to post,  don't let someone push you away. 

I have literally had this very conversation with you several times. Here is a post I addressed to you for the July 9 Raw:

For me, the problem is if I say something pro-Raw or pro-WWE, I get what is essentially the "you dumb fuck, you're a Vince sheep for liking Roman" treatment. Or worse, a passive-aggressive/deletion of a post before I see it because "fuck her, she won't engage in a conversation." The latter point is somewhat fair, to be fair. Because I don't have the patience to talk to someone who's already hostile. (not you personally, just an overall observation)

It's a self-defense coping mechanism more than anything. I rather ignore it than deal with an argument that will ultimately go nowhere.

That any of us have to use this sort of mentality over a carny show of all things is sad, but here we are. 

In a perfect world, we could all like what we want and have freedom to talk to each other about it without being judged. But I suppose there would be no fun in perfection. 

That you assume I'm talking about another board with my concerns is being willfully unaware. I have mentioned these problems throughout this year.

FTR, I said the person basically said I wanted to suck off Roman. They didn't do it in those graphic terms, presumably to fly under everyone's radar. The implication was there, though. I should have saved it, I can't find it in my searches and it was a while ago.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Burgundy LaRue said:

Rollins is getting another IC title shot at SummerSlam, despite failing. But not a peep. Because Rollins, for reasons only Satan knows why.

Besides, that trope is old hat. The "I am Stone Cold/HHH/John Cena/Roman Reigns so I get good matches even when I don't ask for them" rule isn't new.

Are you secretly Roman Reigns, or do you just have this board set to notify you whenever he's mentioned?

I can almost guarantee few other posters would have received such snark for pointing that out. But Roman fan here, use me as a port-a-potty. 

I don't care if anyone likes Roman Reigns. (this board is NOT pro-Reigns by a long shot, BTW) Some of you have called him a real-life doofus because of your perceived notions of how he handles his booking. I don't say a word because while I disagree, it's your opinion and you can have it. I only wish the same respect was shown to the minority crowd.

• Like 3

@Burgundy LaRue You are right,  you shouldn't have to deal with anyone talking down to you or attacking you because of your preferences etc.  That's not right.  I don't think it's fair to say I'm 'willfully unaware' though,  I'm on here a lot and sometimes I don't remember everything,  I'm often posting from work also. I honestly didn't recall seeing the posts you described. 

If someone is harassing you definitely point it out to the mods and that person will be dealt with.  Don't stop posting or leave over this.  This is the best board to discuss pro wres, it's a good community, lots of great people here. 

I'm not calling you unaware for not remembering the conversations. It's because you, among others, assumed I was talking about another board having these problems.

I only mention all this is because I've been here for some time and while I've had squabbles with other members over the years, I never felt that who I am was held against me. Now, I'm not so sure.

That was my post, by the way. The one quoted up there without a board name attached to it.

I'm in here every week defending Seth Rollins, you're defending Roman Reigns. We both get shit for it. Who cares, though? We like who we like.

• Like 2

@Craig H, that quote about Gregg isn't really as helpful as direct quotes of him conducting himself in a problematic manner. I really have no recollection of him behaving that way. I think I tended to find his perspective refreshing. If I'm misremembering, so be it. 

On the other hand, I can definitely imagine people responding poorly to his positivity in that context. The 2015 Rumble was a Purge-level hissy fit. 

I'll also state for the record that I'd put my Roman Reigns fandom against Burgundy's any day of the week. 

• Like 1

And for the record, I don't care if someone is unabashedly a Roman Reigns fan. The consensus is damn near universal that they had something special with Roman and then Vince blew it. It also didn't help that for someone Vince wanted so desperately to lead the company to the point where he made him this laughable focal point that he also repeatedly cut Roman's legs out from under him. None of us are probably even having this discussion if Roman just won at WM 31. I will forever love the Seth cash in because I am unabashedly a Seth Rollins fan, but damn, that should have been all about Roman winning.

Think about it...if Roman wins there, we don't go through the bullshit of what happened at Royal Rumble 2016, we don't get the half-assed "coronation" of Roman at WM 32, and on and on. That's why I and others tend to say that we don't really care if someone is a fan of Roman, but holy shit do we hate how he is booked and if someone is going to give you a weird look for anything it's when someone says that Roman's booking is fine. 

Me, I've been beaten down enough to not even care anymore. I don't think he should be the face of the company or the leader of the brand and there are better options, I think he's more Lex Luger than anything, but he's also perfectly fine as one of the top 4 or 5 guys in the company. My hope is that they've learned that Roman chasing the title is pretty much the worst. Unfortunately, to prevent him from chasing again, he's going to have to go over Braun way too early when that shit should be a WM match. Hell, even if Roman were to beat Braun at WM, that's what the main event should be. Two of the top guys in the company having a wild brawl where somehow, someway, through nearly supernatural means one of them comes out on top.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

Plenty of people follow their favorite sports teams even when they have shitty seasons. 

Hell, half of MLB pretty much decided last offseason they couldn't contend this year. I'm just glad my favorite team wasn't in that half. Of course, you always have your surprise Oakland A's or Tampa Bay Rays that shouldn't be contending yet somehow are.

I'm constantly weirded out by the Cubs winning the world series and continuing to be good. I even wear a world series shirt at least once a week and I'm still like, man, I can't believe they did after being so bad for so long.