DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE SHIELD IS PURGED - 9/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I didn't mind the end of show angle as much as some others, but why would guys like the Ascension and Drew Gulak help McZigman? They gotta know that the exact same shit that happened to Swagger/Fandango/3MB after the helped Evolution beat up Shield is gonna happen to them...

36 minutes ago, just drew said:

I didn't mind the end of show angle as much as some others, but why would guys like the Ascension and Drew Gulak help McZigman? They gotta know that the exact same shit that happened to Swagger/Fandango/3MB after the helped Evolution beat up Shield is gonna happen to them...

Well, The Revival just reminded us that wrestlers don't watch the show, so maybe they actually don't know that. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, just drew said:

Those were better times...until the Shield breakup.

Braun & McZiggler is such a piss poor grouping when a reboot of Shield/Wyatt's was right fucking there.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

(comes in to share thoughts on Raw)

(sees everyone is pissed off as usual)

Y'know. Raw has sucked since like, 2002? Maybe. I'm quite apathetic to it now. Now and again it will surprise you and deliver something great. Now when an angle like the recent Owens one creeps up and differs from the same boring formula, it heightens the intrigue, it makes you want to see what happens next. And then we get that. The complaints are justified.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Y'know. Raw has sucked since like, 2002? Maybe. I'm quite apathetic to it now. Now and again it will surprise you and deliver something great. Now when an angle like the recent Owens one creeps up and differs from the same boring formula, it heightens the intrigue, it makes you want to see what happens next. And then we get that. The complaints are justified.  

My point is if I gave my opinion, which isn't in full keeping with the masses here, I get shit on. Y'know.

And if you still follow a show you think has sucked long enough to be a high school junior, I don't get it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

My point is if I gave my opinion, which isn't in full keeping with the masses here, I get shit on. Y'know.

Cynicism can be exhausting. I agree. I miss Greg's posts in these threads. Yes his positivity was borderline delusional at times and he got rightfully shit on for it, but his presence is missed. If you liked something then speak about it. Who cares

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Those were better times...until the Shield breakup.

Braun & McZiggler is such a piss poor grouping when a reboot of Shield/Wyatt's was right fucking there.

Maybe they’re saving the Wyatts for after Ziggler/McIntyre fail Braun.

12 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Maybe they’re saving the Wyatts for after Ziggler/McIntyre fail Braun.

See, it's that glimmer of hope that keeps me coming back no matter how infuriating the booking is. It's like I'm still doing coke; chasing that high hoping the next one will be as good as the first time. In relation to heroin, the term is called "chasing the dragon", which was also what Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish's finisher was called in ROH while they were known as ReDRagon.

• Haha 1

I'm morbidly curious to see if Bray can suck the heat out of Braun and the Shield at the same time.

The reason I keep watching is that there's just enough to justify it. Like a fucking fantastic Braun Strowman (autocorrect wanted that to be Strongman) vs Finn Bàlor main event. I love pro wrestling, and I'll apparently put up with a lot of terrible tv to see the good stuff.

• Like 1

Gregg didn't get shit on for liking something. He got shit on for the way he expressed it, which was often in an antagonistic way.

As for why I watch, same as what others said. I have one foot out the door, the other foot is following and then something happens to pull me back in for another week. I'll say this though, and it again comes after watching All In, if the camera work remains the same with the Shield around, I'm done. I'm not going to get fucking sick to my stomach and get legit nauseated watching this garbage. Even if the rest of the show isn't as badly presented as that, there's just no point in me watching.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Honestly,  I don't think anyone here would shit on someone simply because they liked some aspects of this show.  Some RAW's are praised around here,  more so than other boards. 

I've literally been called a WWE sheep who eats all of Vince's shit and basically accused of wanting to suck off Roman Reigns because I can point out certain aspects I see in his character. I've had to tell more than one person that we can discuss the merits of something I said, but doesn't give you the freedom to be condescending and rude.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I've literally been called a WWE sheep who eats all of Vince's shit and basically accused of wanting to suck off Roman Reigns because I can point out certain aspects I see in his character. I've had to tell more than one person that we can discuss the merits of something I said, but doesn't give you the freedom to be condescending and rude.

I must have missed that which is odd because I usually read every post in the RAW threads. There's nothing wrong with liking Roman Reigns. Again, this is a board from my recollection has been more Pro-Reigns than any other place on the internet.  The booking surrounding Reigns has been an issue though.  I think it's an issue when the top guy is having people walk out during his matches and I think it's an issue that others have also suffered and whose growth has been stunted to get Roman over. But liking Roman?  That's not an issue. He's a really good wrestler and seems like a good dude too. 

But you should definitely post whatever the heck you want to post,  don't let someone push you away. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I must have missed that which is odd because I usually read every post in the RAW threads. There's nothing wrong with liking Roman Reigns. Again, this is a board from my recollection has been more Pro-Reigns than any other place on the internet.  The booking surrounding Reigns has been an issue though.  I think it's an issue when the top guy is having people walk out during his matches and I think it's an issue that others have also suffered and whose growth has been stunted to get Roman over. But liking Roman?  That's not an issue. He's a really good wrestler and seems like a good dude too. 

But you should definitely post whatever the heck you want to post,  don't let someone push you away. 

All this, I second. Best wishes, @Burgundy LaRue.

That sounds pretty extreme and I'd imagine that if someone said you wanted to "suck off" Roman then they'd be banned pretty quick. That's some Reddit type shit. 

I also read every single one of these and can't ever recall something as low and as classless as what was described. I hope it wasn't from here. 

On 9/4/2018 at 6:50 PM, Sky Blue Sam said:

Drake said in his promo that he's still the 205 Live GM, but also the AoP manager. Presumably something realised he's one of the best talkers they have, so only using him in 205 wasn't the best idea. I'm hoping at some point theres a six man tag vs the Shield, with Drake as the cowardly cheapshotting manager, which ends with Roman spearing him out of his boots

can we have Drake trying to spear Roman, resulting in Drake flying backwards about 3 feet (since Roman is an immovable object)?

11 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That really sucks to know that's happened.  I don't recall it being said here but nobody should be told stuff like that.  Hopefully whoever did say it was banned.  And FWIW I like Roman a lot and feel bad for the guy.  A lot of it isn't his fault and he's doing the best he can.  Hopefully you'll be okay with posting about the show going forward.

As for the show itself it had some good parts (Braun/Finn match being my favorite) but it did make me wonder why I watch.  It's gotten to the point that I will do literally anything else (Fire Pro this week) and not start the show until an hour or so in.  This way I can skip commercials and speed up matches I don't care much about.  I also do this with Smackdown.  With so much cool shit to watch or do it feels like a chore anymore but it's felt that way ever since the increase to 3 hours.  I don't have to watch it and yet I've seen damn near every episode since it existed.  I would like to think at some point I can quit it and stick with Youtube highlights but I'm not there yet.