DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE SHIELD IS PURGED - 9/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Okay - so the RAW tag division now is...

FACE

• B-Team
  • Revival (based on assumption)
  • Gable/Roode
  • Slater/Rhyno (Since they are still listed on WWE.com)
  • Titus Worldwide (Sure...)

HEEL

• Ziggler/McIntyre
  • AOP
  • Ascension

(I am not counting the Shield as a Tag Team since two of the three hold individual titles)

That is... not pretty

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I would love it if Vince, who is clearly not paying any attention to NXT, told Hunter to call up #DIY 

And there they are on Raw next week like nothing has happened. 

Start of Raw: Gargano and Ciampa debut, with high hopes and a continuation of their epic NXT feud on the horizon.

End of Raw: Gargano and Ciampa stand side by side, among a crowd of jobbers beating up Roman Reigns.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Drake said in his promo that he's still the 205 Live GM, but also the AoP manager. Presumably something realised he's one of the best talkers they have, so only using him in 205 wasn't the best idea. I'm hoping at some point theres a six man tag vs the Shield, with Drake as the cowardly cheapshotting manager, which ends with Roman spearing him out of his boots

Wrestling may peak right there. 

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Question: Did Corbin just send Strowman out there or did he appear on the Titantron, explain himself, anything? I turned back to Raw and all of the sudden Strowman is out there instead.

Pretty sure there was a backstage segment where Corbin told Finn he was too busy to wrestle him. 

Wildly inconsistent writing this week.

Show starts with the whole roster breaking up the Shield/Hammer (I'm going with it) brawl at the behest of the Acting General Manager Baron Corbin including Finn Balor who is feuding with Corbin.

Dolph and Drew jump the Revival in order to get into the tag title match basically with Corbin's blessing.  The Revival was part of the 'break up the fight' posse demonstrating they will work with Corbin.  Demonstrating that A) Drew and Dolph will run over people to get their way regardless of 'alignment' and B) doing what Corbin wants won't help you.

Then all the heels attack the Shield meaning A) all the faces have better places to be in the face of this and b) all the heels either don't care that their loyalty means nothing or don't care C) the GM of 205 Live is a heel D) the AOP are willing to work with the RAW Tag Team Champions despite saying they wanted the belts a hour ago.

I just, can't even.

Oh and Dolph Ziggler is in the main event.

• Like 1

I really only have one thought, and it was the prevailing thought I had watching what I did last night.

Can we please leave the "wrestler or wrestlers get arrested or put in an ambulance and drive it back into the arena in 1998-99 where it belongs?"

• Like 5

Last week I was pretty much done with WWE, or Raw at the very least. Out of habit, I start watching this week with the WORST CAMERA WORK EVER. Christ, just stop it! There were a million different cuts and the cameras were zooming in and out constantly. It's the worst camera work ever. I fucking hate it. Like, we just had maybe one of the best American PPVs this year in All In with probably 1/4 the budget WWE has for production and likely less experience as well, but it was filmed so much better.

This is going to be shocking to some, but you don't need all of the hyper frenetic camera work and cuts if what you're filming is actually good. Imagine what All In or, hell, NJPW or even UFC or the NFL or MLB or NBA would look like with the absolute garbage camera work in WWE. I remember messing around with zooms on a video recorder when I was a kid and zooming in and out was real silly and funny. That's when I was a kid! It's just nauseating to watch.

Right then and there I just wanted to stop watching, but I continued on and fast forwarded through a whole bunch of bullshit along the way. I can't even begin to think about why Drake needed to wear SWAT gear like the AoP when Paul Ellering was their manager in a suit and sometimes a sport coat over a fucking mock turtleneck and he looked badass.

Once again WWE writes something that makes zero sense legally and I wish they would stop with that. I can only suspend my disbelief so much. So you're telling me that a bunch of uniformed officers put the Shield in a fucking paddy wagon at the start of the show, you find out later that they were all booked and fingerprinted, and then these guys not only break out of jail, but they steal the same paddy wagon and make their way back to the arena and the police are all like, well, whatever and don't even chase them back?! What kind of fucked up shit is that? Like, do these guys have no concept at all of building towards a singular event throughout the show? Fine, the Shield steal the police van, but damn, at least say that "we're hearing that the Shield have broken out of jail and they're headed back here to the arena. We'll keep you folks posted with any other developments!"

Then at some point you show a video feed of the Shield being chased by other police cars. The next thing you see is that the Shield arrive at the arena before the police do. They then slam shut the garage door to the arena and start throwing things in front of the door Blues Brothers style. They make their way to the ring, beat up some low level shits along the way, get to the ring, and then you just do everything they did at the end of the show.

If you're going to be ridiculous, go all out. Build up to this shit along the way. Instead this garbage is written like someone saying "the Shield get arrested, but then at the end of hour 3 they're back at the arena in the same police van!" and not one fucking person questions it or builds off of it. It's infuriating.

This doesn't even touch on the other bullshit throughout the show, like Bobby Lashley trying to meditate with FORMER WWE CHAMPION AND CURRENT YOGI, JINDER MAHAL only to be attacked by KO because...well fuck it, who cares why.

I don't want to hate watch this show, but it's hard not to when I'm watching it in hopes of it getting better or being as good as it could be only to see that it's just actively worse. For example, I was largely fine with the Shield getting their asses kicked. That was a good beat down except 1) KO is out there as a JAG and 2) This is just going to lead to the Shield murdering the entire roster next week.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I would love it if Vince, who is clearly not paying any attention to NXT, told Hunter to call up #DIY 

And there they are on Raw next week like nothing has happened. 

"Dammit! Why are Deuce and Domino down in NXT? Call them up!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

Wildly inconsistent writing this week.

Show starts with the whole roster breaking up the Shield/Hammer (I'm going with it) brawl at the behest of the Acting General Manager Baron Corbin including Finn Balor who is feuding with Corbin.

Dolph and Drew jump the Revival in order to get into the tag title match basically with Corbin's blessing.  The Revival was part of the 'break up the fight' posse demonstrating they will work with Corbin.  Demonstrating that A) Drew and Dolph will run over people to get their way regardless of 'alignment' and B) doing what Corbin wants won't help you.

Then all the heels attack the Shield meaning A) all the faces have better places to be in the face of this and b) all the heels either don't care that their loyalty means nothing or don't care C) the GM of 205 Live is a heel D) the AOP are willing to work with the RAW Tag Team Champions despite saying they wanted the belts a hour ago.

I just, can't even.

Oh and Dolph Ziggler is in the main event.

When you try to make sense of WWE's writing

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

This doesn't even touch on the other bullshit throughout the show, like Bobby Lashley trying to meditate with FORMER WWE CHAMPION AND CURRENT YOGI, JINDER MAHAL only to be attacked by KO because...well fuck it, who cares why.

I don't want to hate watch this show, but it's hard not to when I'm watching it in hopes of it getting better or being as good as it could be only to see that it's just actively worse. For example, I was largely fine with the Shield getting their asses kicked. That was a good beat down except 1) KO is out there as a JAG and 2) This is just going to lead to the Shield murdering the entire roster next week.

Vince McMahon's booking philosophy is essentially: "I don't really care, do you?"

It's clear from watching the shows, and listening to stories on Bruce Prichard's podcast, that Vince thinks his audience is either too stupid to follow simple storylines, or that we just don't care enough. 

Everyone once in a while, they give us a glimmer of hope, and that's all it takes, eventhough we all should know better by now. It's like we've all been traveling the Yangtzee in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had got to the market after sundown, all of the clothing traders had gone, but a different sort of trader still lurked about. "Just a taste," he said. That was all it took.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Last week I was pretty much done with WWE, or Raw at the very least. Out of habit, I start watching this week with the WORST CAMERA WORK EVER. Christ, just stop it!

Right then and there I just wanted to stop watching, but I continued on...

This doesn't even touch on the other bullshit throughout the show, like Bobby Lashley trying to meditate with FORMER WWE CHAMPION AND CURRENT YOGI, JINDER MAHAL

I don't want to hate watch this show, but it's hard not to when I'm watching it in hopes of it getting better or being as good as it could be only to see that it's just actively worse.

This was Kevin Owen's reasoning too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2