DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

They have one more taping before the Nov Taping so somethings will be ton then

Plus there are some "cliffhangers" that will be finished off next tapings.

I will post the taping results once I finish this training I am doing

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I need Cole vs Lee in my life. 

Fuuuuuuck NXT is so good. 

True dat. Hard to name another promotion that routinely loses its top acts and replaces them without missing a beat. Think about that, a fed that lost Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Andrade "Cien" Almas and not only survived, but arguably got even better. I've been watching wrestling seriously since I was about eleven, so we'll call it almost fifty years and nothing has approached NXT for consistent greatness, Portland, AJPW, NJPW, Mid-South, and FMW had their moments, but never delivered top-to-bottom excellence the way NXT does. A lot has to do with the editing, which is just brilliant, they manage to make some awfully green wrestlers (like Bianca Bel-Air) look like superstars. This isn't a knock on Bianca, who I think is the future of womens' wrestling in NA, but she's awfully inexperienced and they do a great job of covering that up. 

Cole vs. Lee was another fire/ice match which could have been off-the-rails bad, but came together perfectly, too bad that it will be forgotten due to being in the shadow of Dunne/Ricochet , which both Yohe and I called as *******, when we cranky old bastards give a match seven fucking stars you know it was excellent.

• Like 1

Is this now the best NXT ever? The only thing that's taken a step back is the women's division and even that's still really good with having Kairi, Shayna, Bianca, Nikki, Lacey, Candice, Dakota, and more. 

But the tag division is on fire. TUE, War Raiders, TMDK, Street Profits, Mustache Mountain, Oney and Burch, Heavy Machinery, etc.

I don't even need to list the singles division talent. The only thing I'd change the is that I'd like to see Montez Ford get a legit singles run because that's a dude that could pour millions into WWE. As incredible as everyone else is, Ford has that "it factor" that makes me want to see more and more of the guy. 

Also, my man's from Chicago, so I might be slightly biased. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

I need Cole vs Lee in my life. 

Fuuuuuuck NXT is so good. 

Well based on the reports of tonight's show, maybe they are going with Keith Lee vs Lars Sullivan for this Takeover debut

It is so 2018 that on WWE.COM there is a feature on Matt Riddle and shows him tapping out Nick Gage

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't even need to list the singles division talent. The only thing I'd change the is that I'd like to see Montez Ford get a legit singles run because that's a dude that could pour millions into WWE. As incredible as everyone else is, Ford has that "it factor" that makes me want to see more and more of the guy. 

Also, my man's from Chicago, so I might be slightly biased. 

I don't think we've seen even a fraction of what Ford is capable of doing. At the house I went to in May, he hit a beautiful tope con hilo over the ringpost and ring steps.

2 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I don't think we've seen even a fraction of what Ford is capable of doing. At the house I went to in May, he hit a beautiful tope con hilo over the ringpost and ring steps.

The truly sad thing is that in any other organization Ford would be a top-tier solo act. In NXT he's overshadowed by half a dozen guys. I usually don't like to see guys called up as Vince and Dunn have a pretty piss-poor track record when it comes to utilizing NXT talents, but I really think Ford would shine on the main roster where he doesn't have guys like Dream, Ricochet, Gargano. etc. in front of him. A feud with Almas would be sweet, Ford's good enough on the mic to where the lack of English from Almas just wouldn't matter.

Got tickets for the NXT Live event this Friday in Orlando. I haven't been to an NXT event since that long TV taping at the CFE Arena some years ago where Austin Aries debuted at and he got attacked by Baron Corbin. Anyway, hope we get Riddle and Lee on the card.

21 hours ago, Infinit said:

Did Ford work any major indys before joining NXT?

I remember some interview he gave where it sounded like he didn't. He was fresh out of the marines, his girlfriend (Bianca?) sent in an audition tape, and WWE called him up. So while he may be overshadowed by a ton of other talent, the one thing he has going for him is that he's a little more home grown than other people there. At least that was my takeaway.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - Bianca Belair and Montez Ford are married

I know they're married now, but I was referring to the interview I read from a few years ago. I was assuming it would have been Bianca, but I didn't know how long they would have been together for.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I know they're married now, but I was referring to the interview I read from a few years ago. I was assuming it would have been Bianca, but I didn't know how long they would have been together for.

I noticed recently that Ford's entrance gear has the kiss mark that is on Belair's ring gear. Nice little shoutout to his wife.