DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

I now want Tyler Breeze and Luke Harper to bump into each other backstage at NXT and form an odd couple tag team. Harper teaches Breeze to be more vicious while Breeze gives Harper fashion tips.

I’m thinking they get each boa covered bludgeons as gifts. Breeze gets Harper a feather boa covered one, and Harper gets Breeze a boa constrictor covered one.

• Like 7

NXT was great. Best match was Ciampa defending against Dominik Dijakovic. Ricochet/War Raiders vs Undisputed Era was fun as well.

My dad who has never watched NXT enjoyed it. He liked Heavy Machinery, Dijakovic and surprisingly got into Johnny Gargano during his match with Lars. I'm always interested in his take since he is a casual fan. He didn't get Ciampa's music less entrance but you kinda have to have watched NXT to get it.

• Like 2

Interesting aside but not really surprising.

They are keeping Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir undefeated.

You can totally see it in the 6-man's with Baszler since you just go with the logic that the former women's champ is carrying them but their last two matches have been tags

Went over Io Shirai/Kacy Catanzaro last Sunday.

Last night they went over Candice LeRae & Kairi Sane

Basically this is the long winded way of saying just more proof that Horsewomen vs Horsewomen is happening sooner rather than later

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Basically this is the long winded way of saying just more proof that Horsewomen vs Horsewomen is happening sooner rather than later

I think you're right; but it's gonna be awkward to see how they reconcile Charlotte and Becky so quickly. (But I guess they were willing to just hand-wave the animosity away with Bayley and Sasha, so whatever.)

36 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

I think you're right; but it's gonna be awkward to see how they reconcile Charlotte and Becky so quickly. (But I guess they were willing to just hand-wave the animosity away with Bayley and Sasha, so whatever.)

Or they don't reconcile, and its plays into the NXT Horsewomen's loss.

None of them have to be jumped and likely won't. Whatever first match happens won' be a blood feud level match. It will almost certainly be a one off with things getting more serious later down the line. Oh and if any of them get jumped you have to realize its going to be Sash and/or Bayley since it would likely be whenever either makes the challenge to Ronda. Makes no sense to go after Charlotte or even Becky first.

Presumably, Fish is going to be healthy by that point so it's possible we get a traditional War Games match with TUE vs Ricochet, War Raiders, and Pete Dunn.

I could also see Team Ciampa vs Team Gargano, but who wants to team with that piece of shit Ciampa?

15 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

War Games is the next show right? Who is going in the cages? 

We will know on Thursday (that's the next taping date)

At least in theory - there is also a taping in Oct