DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Posted this in the discussion thread, but it might as well go here also. It's Mia Yim.

It's about time...it's probably 5 years late, but better than never.  If only they would sign Mercedes Martinez instead of telling us how she has to work 13 jobs to feed her kids.

• Like 3

NXT did the first Kassius Ohno vs Matt riddle match tonight in NXT in Lakeland of all places. Would have thought they would have saved it for Orlando tomorrow night since they are running the huge Orlando Live Events building WWN used for Mania weekend. To no shock, the match was pretty good from reports. 

God, I would have loved if that match happened tonight.

I saw Keith Lee, Ricochet, etc. also worked in Lakeland. I hope that doesn't disqualify them from working in Orlando.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

God, I would have loved if that match happened tonight.

I saw Keith Lee, Ricochet, etc. also worked in Lakeland. I hope that doesn't disqualify them from working in Orlando.

You should be fine - there is only the Florida loop this weekend 

The matches might change up but all the guys should be there

Ohno already tweeted he will be there and the NXT Twitter account announced Rhea Ripley will be in Orlando

EDIT - And Adam Cole tweeted that Undisputed Era will be there... so yeah, this will be a stacked show

I did just realize that Matt Riddle might not be there tonight as he is wrestling for Progress in London on Sunday it what is his final indie match.

So it all depends on when he decided to fly over

Going off tweets:

• The Forgotten Sons
  • Rhea Ripley
  • Vanessa Borne
  • Lacey Evans
  • Nikki Cross
  • Yanbo Wang vs. Cezar Bonini rematch from last night
  • Kassius Ohno
  • Dakota Kai
  • Adrian Jaoude
  • The Undisputed ERA
  • Jessie Elaban
  • Aliyah

Maybe some main roster surprise appearances? I know Harper, Dillinger and Breeze have made appearances recently and I know Ryder made an appearance at one of the live shows I went to in Orlando some years back.

I'd lose it if we somehow got Harper vs. Ohno as a surprise...

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

I think it'd be safe to say that if you got that then you'll have a lot of jealous people on here (myself included)  But that'd be awesome if it happened.

I would very jealous of anyone getting a Harper/Ohno match.

The only match I could find between the two took place May 3, 2008 in the tournament to crown a new IWA-MS Heavyweight Champion.

https://viewsfromthehawkesnest.wordpress.com/2008/05/03/brodie-lee-vs-chris-hero-from-iwa-ms-2008/

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would very jealous of anyone getting a Harper/Ohno match.

The only match I could find between the two took place May 3, 2008 in the tournament to crown a new IWA-MS Heavyweight Champion.

https://viewsfromthehawkesnest.wordpress.com/2008/05/03/brodie-lee-vs-chris-hero-from-iwa-ms-2008/

IIRC, Ohno’s first last NXT match was against Harper in mostly a squash.

7 hours ago, Edwin said:

Going off tweets:

• The Forgotten Sons
  • Rhea Ripley
  • Vanessa Borne
  • Lacey Evans
  • Nikki Cross
  • Yanbo Wang vs. Cezar Bonini rematch from last night
  • Kassius Ohno
  • Dakota Kai
  • Adrian Jaoude
  • The Undisputed ERA
  • Jessie Elaban
  • Aliyah

Maybe some main roster surprise appearances? I know Harper, Dillinger and Breeze have made appearances recently and I know Ryder made an appearance at one of the live shows I went to in Orlando some years back.

Obligatory Rippa/Matt follow up post about fancams

Intermission.

We got a women's battle royal Jessie won.

Danny Burch and Oney Locran beat 2 recruits from India who I don't think have made TV yet.

Lars Sullivan beat Keith Lee which was pretty short and not the hoss battle you'd hope for.

Cezar Bonini won the rematch against Yanbo.

We got a surprise Tony Neese match. He beat Stacey Ervin Jr.

The Street Profets def. the Forgotten Sons in the second best match of the night and easily a match that's far better than most matches you'll see on NXT weekly TV. The Street Profets are money. Both guys are extremely athletic and over. The Forgotten Sons worked real snug and looked great.

Rhea Ripley def. Jessie and retained the NXT UK Women's title in a very solid match. Jessie is really good despite the silly gimmick.

Kassius Ohno def. Adam Cole by DQ after Bobby Fish distracted the ref. and Roderick Strong ran out from the crowd and attacked Ohno. The lights went out the sirens hit and CESARO came out to save Ohno. The place errupted. Unbelievable moment. I got it on video. I'll post it later. This match was NXT TakeOver levels of good. I wasn't sold on Cole, but he looked pretty great here. Ohno is still as great as ever. Would love a Kings of Wresting reunion with Sheamus as a third member.

Everything before intermission was so-so. Everything after intermission delivered and was so worth the $10.

Honestly, they sold me. I'm not missing a single NXT live or TV taping in Orlando.

Ohno/Cole felt like a legit MOTYC, sucks there's no video. Ohno should have a job with WWE for life as a Performance Center trainer whenever he hangs them up. Every modern wrestler throwing strikes can learn from him how to properly do it without blatantly slapping your thigh.

Ohno is so damn good.