DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Has anyone here been to a NXT house show? I'm going to one this weekend, wondering what to expect. It's not in Florida so I'm hoping it'll have the television roster at it. 

I've been to two and loved them both.  There was at least one legitimately great match on both shows.  The first one was Bobby Roode and Cedric Alexander and the second was Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet.  You'll have a blast.

18 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I've been to two and loved them both.  There was at least one legitimately great match on both shows.  The first one was Bobby Roode and Cedric Alexander and the second was Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet.  You'll have a blast.

I’ve been to two as well and I echo his comments. The shows are just fun.

2 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Has anyone here been to a NXT house show? I'm going to one this weekend, wondering what to expect. It's not in Florida so I'm hoping it'll have the television roster at it. 

Never had a bad time at a travelling NXT House Show. Been to 6 and if it wasn't for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Van Morrison in person Friday night, I'd go to my 7th in Pittsburgh. A good bit of the television roster will be there, they do normally hold a few names back in Florida if there's a loop there as well. 

2 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I've been to five, most recently in Asbury Park, the night before Takeover: Brooklyn IV. I haven't been disappointed after any of them. I've gotten to see everyone I had hoped before they moved to the main roster and everyone I've wanted that's currently there.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've been to five, most recently in Asbury Park, the night before Takeover: Brooklyn IV. I haven't been disappointed after any of them. I've gotten to see everyone I had hoped before they moved to the main roster and everyone I've wanted that's currently there.

I was pretty bummed that my first show was the first loop after Sami left and while Bailey was selling her title loss to Asuka. That said, we did get AA/Revival, Aries vs Manny Andrade, and Finn/Shinsuke as a tag team in the main event.

I went to the first one they had in Asbury Park. It was an absolute blast. It was everything perfect about pro wrestling. I went with my best friends from childhood. We all grew up loving pro wrestling. It was the "NXT Classic" era with Bayley and Enzo/Cass and Finn and Sami and etc. So much fun. The true highlight though was watching Elias in person. The dude got BOOED out of the building. The goof next to me kept screaming about how he had "no charisma." I wanted to tell that guy to look up charisma in the dictionary. That was the first inkling to me that Elias was going to be a huge deal at some point.

But absolutely go.

I've been to four here in Houston. We've had two awesome and different DIY vs Revival matches (one was a run through of the Brooklyn match, the other a Southern tag with two extended heat segments); an in-ring farewell ceremony for Finn, Mojo, Nia, and Carmella following their final NXT show; a great Ricochet vs Dream match that was different from their Takeover match; and babyface Revival teaming with Ohno against the Forgotten Sons. So yeah, NXT house shows are pretty fun.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - in watching that video - does Larry Zbyszko work for the PC or does he have nothing better to do than randomly wander around?

Knowing Larry, he works at the PC, but he's wandering around and stalling for time before he starts.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

I'd like to think Larry has nothing better to do, so they just let him wander around the PC. Like senior citizens who do their morning walk at the mall. Maybe it's time for another golfer gimmick and stick Larry with him/her since he was always talking about his golf game on commentary.

48 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

What's up with the Buffalo crowd there? If Harper had came out I would have lost my mind, they acted like someone farted. 

AMEN to that. He's from Buffalo. He should have gotten a hometown hero reception.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Harper singles run in nxt if creative can't come up with anything for him while Rowan is out.

"Tomasso Ciampa, you say there's no competition left? You get to face Luke Harper, sunshine."

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

What's up with the Buffalo crowd there? If Harper had came out I would have lost my mind, they acted like someone farted. 

Be fair.  Harper is from Rochester, which is the one city in America that Buffalonians are allowed to look down on.