DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

Between now and, I think, week 10 Bell can sit at home, not get paid, but still accrue the year if he signs by that deadline, and I have to assume that's his plan. If he doesn't sign by that deadline, this year doesn't count and he can be franchised at the same rate next year. If he comes in for the last six games, then next year it would cost over 20 million to tag him.

Pittsburgh has no other real options except rescinding the tag making him a free agent who they are not eligible to sign or waiting this out. They are long past the deadline to get a new deal done this year.

Bell is losing potential game checks but as he is not under contract they can't penalize him in any other manner. 

The franchise tag as it exists is bullshit.

Weird having to wait for Sunday Night Football to see the Bears look.

Flipping back and forth between Bengals/Colts and Vikes/Niners, which I'm not super into. I don't think I have a fantasy player on any of those teams.

It looked like it wasn't really the officials on the field's call. they were just going to give the penalty yards and move on. then there was a conference, presumably because someone called in and said throw him out.

Which feels like an eventual  Buffalo Wild Wings "Let's send this into over time" situation down the line.

• Haha 1