DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

Cards schedule a press conference for today with a "major announcement"

Everyone assumed that meant they were announcing an extension for David Johnson.

PFT says that isn't it

So the new guess is that it is for the new naming rights for the stadium

On 9/4/2018 at 11:21 AM, hammerva said:

Meanwhile Leveon Bell is taking his sweet time to come in to Steelers practice.    Good thing that they are playing the Browns in week 1.  

NFL players are the ones in all of sports I have ZERO problems with holding out to redo their deals because they are treated as completely disposable slabs of meat who can be discarded at any time. They need to grab every dollar they possibly can, and we're not even getting into the potential long term health issues.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sabremike said:

NFL players are the ones in all of sports I have ZERO problems with holding out to redo their deals because they are treated as completely disposable slabs of meat who can be discarded at any time. They need to grab every dollar they possibly can, and we're not even getting into the potential long term health issues.

Exactly I love how people think Bell should be rushing back to the Steelers right after they say since theres no way hes coming back to the Steelers the Steelers should just have him run the ball 400+ times this year.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, hammerva said:

Meanwhile Leveon Bell is taking his sweet time to come in to Steelers practice.    Good thing that they are playing the Browns in week 1.  

As the owner of James Conner in the DVDVR Money League I approve of this. 

That was a terrible game of football I just watched. Also, it was awful nice of Matt Ryan to do his best to prove Jalen Ramsey right. I don't think you could throw worse 50-50 balls to Julio in the red zone while actually trying to suck.

Also also, Foles getting the game ball for that shitshow of a performance is pretty goddamn funny.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thought Nick Foles looked a lot like Nick Foles last night?  I only watched the first half, but he threw at least three passes directly to the defense.  Nick Foles is going to be one of the hardest players to explain whenever his career is over.

32 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Am I the only one who thought Nick Foles looked a lot like Nick Foles last night?  I only watched the first half, but he threw at least three passes directly to the defense.  Nick Foles is going to be one of the hardest players to explain whenever his career is over.

Oh, and it's going to be hilarious when someone ends up handing Philly multiple 1's in a couple of weeks for Foles.*

*-This will not be hilarious when it turns out to be Miami that does so.

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, and it's going to be hilarious when someone ends up handing Philly multiple 1's in a couple of weeks for Foles.*

*-This will not be hilarious when it turns out to be Miami that does so.

What's going to be harder, explaining the 2 really good Nick Foles seasons that were both based on defensive players not being able to catch.  Or...that Peyton Manning could very well be the best quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl and the worst quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Black Angel said:

How do most of you watch? I turned my cable off a couple months ago due to tomfoolery. 

A good indoor TV antennae will get you most of the games aside from Monday Night Football and the few Thursday night games that are only on NFL Network. 

I've been using a Mohu Leaf for the last couple years and have been totally happy with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, supremebve said:

What's going to be harder, explaining the 2 really good Nick Foles seasons that were both based on defensive players not being able to catch.  Or...that Peyton Manning could very well be the best quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl and the worst quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl.

Taking into consideration the amount of suck involved with compiling 3 TD/7 INT, best Peyton was even worse at winning his title. Really his only saving grace in each of those postseasons was a solid half against the Patriots.  Even Rex Grossman (who allowed Peyton to relax in the cool, soothing rain while completing checkdowns with the greatest of ease) had an even ratio of 4 TD/4 INT in that same postseason. 

12 hours ago, Black Angel said:

How do most of you watch? I turned my cable off a couple months ago due to tomfoolery. 

Starting in 2016 I only had cable from Sept - Feb. This year, I'm trying out the Hulu live TV package, since it's more or less the same price as what the cable company is offering, with a lot more channels and without the hassle of dealing with the cable company.

13 hours ago, Black Angel said:

Last year I didn't watch at all because I cut the cord years prior and I didn't feel like going through the hassle of finding illegal streams since I did that for most of the baseball season.

This year I got grandfathered into YouTube TVs lower rate which was something like $35 and so I could watch any of the games that would normally appear on Fox, CBS, or NBC.

• Thanks 1