DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

I still think they missed the opportunity to have the Young Bucks actually take credit for the mass death rate at the Briscoe Chicken Farm that year.  A feud wrapped around one team wiping out another's side business venture net profit would have been a nice change of pace these days.

I remember that promo Jay and Mark were assed out $50,000 and hadn't been able to go hunting yet. Boy was Jay pissed. My favorite Briscoe promo has to be "cosmetically pleasing" the one where they cut that promo on The Worlds Greatest Tag Team in the woods.

Well to be fair, to have a pile of dead chickens kill by a superkick plague is suspicious.

This is going to turn into one of those 1 vs. 100 discussions, isn't it?  Like, would I prefer to see the Briscoes wrestle one giant chicken or 100 normal size chickens?

(FWIW, I've heard the giant chicken wouldn't sell for Davey Richards in their match.  And I'm pretty sure the Briscoes can work at least one superkick per chicken into a match with the 100, so I vote for the hundred).

Well to be fair, to have a pile of dead chickens kill by a superkick plague is suspicious.

This is going to turn into one of those 1 vs. 100 discussions, isn't it?  Like, would I prefer to see the Briscoes wrestle one giant chicken or 100 normal size chickens?

(FWIW, I've heard the giant chicken wouldn't sell for Davey Richards in their match.  And I'm pretty sure the Briscoes can work at least one superkick per chicken into a match with the 100, so I vote for the hundred).

I'd go for the "1 giant chickens" match.  All dem boys need for 100 chickens was one GOTDAMN shovel!  SHEEIT!

So the mystery partner was BJ Whitmer in his official retirement match. Yeah. Whitmer is cool and all but this has that Final Battle 2003 who is the new prophecy member vibe to it. Why not announce that ahead of time if it is his last match?

Strong is, by a wide margin, the blandest, most generic guy in ROH.

I wouldn't even disagree with that much. But his tenure and his "Mr. ROH" gimmick could still work wonders for him. Like how AJ Styles was in TNA for so long. Just known as a company guy with a huge catalogue of great matches. He should been standing up to SCUM when they were around.

The only recent stuff from either of them I've seen have been the matches they've had on ROH tv (and a little of Kingston's Chikara work).  They tended to just brawl in most of what I saw rather than work a more traditional style but they didn't look bad at all.  All the reviews of the match suggest it was really bad, which surprises me given the four involved.