DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

I'm not sure if they changed philosophy or that Punk and Bryan just aren't undeniable talents.

I thought Danielson really was the best in the world around 2006-07.  His heel run with the championship was great.  I really didn't think he had the mic skills or the size to get a serious look in the WWE.

Also, they've got El Generico in developmental.  Who would have expected that?  Granted. it doesn't mean much if he doesn't make it to the main roster and get over, but still....

Danielson was tremendous, and still is. I liked his ROH title run because he was more of a tweener than a flat out heel, although he definitely leaned on the heelish side. It seems like his disposition depended on who his opponent was, but his work was remarkable. Especially when you consider that he worked the last few months of 2006 with broken freakin' ribs. I'll be damned if Danielson/Homicide at Final Battle '06 wasn't one of my favorite live experiences ever. Especially when they did the DQ tease where Bryan intentionally tried to have himself disqualified and the NYC crowd almost flipped a shit. I've never been in a crowd like that before. People were getting ready to throw chairs and stuff in my section until Fat Pants refused to call a DQ in such a big match.

Ah good times.

The thing with Punk is that everyone thought he was way too honest, would say the wrong thing to the wrong person and then be buried and released. IIRC Paul legit talked the company out of cutting him at one point, so he must've rubbed someone the wrong way.

Results from last nights TV Tapings in Nashville

Source: http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3374

I will be posting them up at PWPonderings.com but will transplant results here too when I can. I will definitely post the article where you can follow

http://goo.gl/WL9Q4N <-- Get results & pics here + footage of the botched Styles Clash on Roderick Strong

Episode 1
2014 TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT
Raymond Rowe def Kongo
Nana called the action. Elgin confronted Kongo post match

Cory Hollis came out with Mike Posey to take on "Benchmark" Bill Daley. Daley came out and declined because of a high ankle sprain and quits the tourney. Posey then challenged Hollis to match

Corey Hollis def Mike Posey via a back elbow

Jay Lethal def Caprice Coleman via lethal injection
Lethal cut a promo after putting Coleman over and mentions Ciampa

Kevin Steen def Chris Hero
The Decade came out and distracted Hero but Steen was not aware of it and he did not join them
After Cliff Compton attacked Steen while Steen was walking to the back

Episode 2

Andrew Everett def The Romantic Touch via small package

Hanson def Cheesburger via spinning kick

Mark Briscoe versus Adam Page turned into a tag vs Jacobs/Whitmer after the Decade's failed attempt to get Mark to join them
The Decade def Mark Briscoe & Adam Page.
Strong was on commentary

ROH TV Title
Tommaso Ciampa def Silas Young to retain
Before the match, Taven came out to shake Ciampa's hand but Young attacked him
Post match beat down twarted by Lethal and Taven leads to a 3 way stare down

Episode 3
Raymond Rowe def Cory Hollis to advance

RD Evans def Mike Sells with help from Veda Scott
Veda Scott points out he is 14-0 and places an open challenge for him to reach 15-0
Elgin accepts. Fun ensues. Elgin hits his finish but doesn't pin RD. Gets chairs instead and power bombs RD thru the chairs for a DQ #15-0

Matt Taven def TD Thomas via top rope splash

Jay Briscoe def Bobby Fish via Jay Driller after failed interference from Adam Cole.

Bobby Cruise announces #ROH will return June 21st for Best in the World

Episode 4
Hanson def Andrew Everett to advance

Mike Bennett def Cedric Alexander via anaconda vice with the help of Maria

AJ Styles def Roderick Strong

Also, they've got El Generico in developmental. 

Generico is feeding orphans in Mexico. Sammi Zayn is a smaller talent, however.

It bugs me that ROH structures their taping like a live PPV or something. Wouldn't you want AJ on your TV as soon as possible, or potentially multiple TVs?

I mean, I'm sure he wasn't going to do multiple matches but you should have the top names all over every episode.

Also, they've got El Generico in developmental.

Generico is feeding orphans in Mexico. Sammi Zayn is a smaller talent, however.

It bugs me that ROH structures their taping like a live PPV or something. Wouldn't you want AJ on your TV as soon as possible, or potentially multiple TVs?

I mean, I'm sure he wasn't going to do multiple matches but you should have the top names all over every episode.

Well, this week was the first week they started showing Final Battle on TV, but the main event was on, so they could re-order things in editing.

I'm thinking they r gonna do video packages on upcoming episode to hype his return, they should've had him come out during the first taping cutting a promo saying he is glad to be back. Have Roddrick interrupt him setting up the match at the last taping.

At Fate of an Angel back in 2005 Roderick took the Style Clash in a slightly less nasty fashion. Still, ouch. He got Kazarian'd on this one.

Since Roderick's done it twice, he may be doing it on purpose as a high spot. And if so, Roderick is fucking dumb.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to Lizmark Sr on a CMLL show when (I think) Terrible gave him the Clash. Liz didn't know how to take it, tucked his head and the result was not pretty... especially since Liz was already pushing 60 at that point.