DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

That video is the reason I wondered if it was Hero because it's so wonderfully disingenuous, they've GOT to be running the angle where Hardy is wrapped up in his own ego that he's *thinks* he's the mystery guy, isn't, and then turns on whoever it actually is. I figure that'd be a good way to get Hero back in the mix in a high card spot without blowing their load of putting him in a chase of Adam Cole right away. Could definitely see them headlining WrestleMania weekend with Hero vs. Hardy.

For some reason, with no evidence for it, I think the mystery partner will be Nigel himself.

I thought that Nigel's neck was being held together with pipe cleaners and prayer?  He's permanently retired whether he wishes to admit it to himself or not.

Corino and Kelly cracking up at the random (and somehow trashier) Hoopla Hotties that Truth and Taven had with them this week was fantastic. Still trying to figure out why Scarlett came to the ring wearing a www.weare18.com tanktop. Perhaps that's where the randoms came from.

Liked the four way match, but that Jay Lethal is a dumbass. Has a chance to win the match, but instead drops an elbow on the guy outside the ring through the table, and never gets back into the match. How are you going to earn a title match that way, Jay?

Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish: Trendy Douchebags amuse me to no end. More promos, less matches for them.

I liked Outlaw Ink vs American Wolves with all this Davey Richards talk I must say I thought he was pretty good in the tag match there was no over the top shit. Jay Lethals spot was cool but yeah I didnt make sense in a match psychology way.

I hope it's Tatanka.

Jimmy Jacobs was lobbying pretty hard for it via twitter. He said Edwards and Jacobs should make a run for the belts as "team twilights".

Wait, they can't be on the same team, can they?

Just the sheer concept of that team gives me consecuphonophobia (fear of alliteration).

Would the fact that AJ's temporary contract expires two days after Final Battle preclude him from being the partner, what it being made available later for VOD? I know he's already working for other promotions, but I figured that was being given the green light by TNA to keep the angle with the world title going?

Still can't top "It was a cockdarned junebug!" or "Terry Funk ain't wear no mouthpiece!"

I know I'm blanking on the actual quote, but the rant against Team Ambition included my particular favorite: "Does this look like a mind capable of rational thought?!" The Briscoes and PG are destined to forever be star-crossed acquaintances.

Still can't top "It was a cockdarned junebug!" or "Terry Funk ain't wear no mouthpiece!"

Or Jay referring to Ultramantis Black as a "damned pelican looking thing shakin a stick?

Wasn't that the same promo where Mark said he was too distracted by Saturyne with something like "you know about me and white girls with big asses" 

It was Jay and I think he said something or atleast I heard something along the lines of "you know about me and a foreign girl with a fat ass". Mark in the interviewing goes off on a tangent over "having a wife a baby another baby on the way 100,00 chickens and 13 pitbulls" hence having a lot of mouths to feed. If anybody would like to view the Briscoes promo on Chikara I posted it in the promos thread. 

I will throw out one more, when they're shoveling a big pile of dead chickens that apparently got kilt in some big chicken plague, and they're cutting a promo on the Young Bucks, which in some way always seemed like they were implying that the Young Bucks kilt they chickens.