DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Is that belt Jay has his version of Taz' FTW title?

It makes me wonder, has there ever been someone (possibly in a southern territory in the 70s/80s) who proclaimed themselves the "Confederate States Champion" or some such thing?  I can see a Dick Murdoch type doing that.

How has Homicide looked? Did failing to escape the cage on that live TNA show and get berated by Hulk Hogan kill his will to live?

Is he still retiring this year, Im glad to see him back and with Kingston as a team and not just on that dream match type of role he has had for the past few times he has been used by ROH.

Sure I'm nitpicking but ROH expects us to believe that this guy who just cut a "down and out" promo talking about not getting paid at his wrestling job in months went out & bought this really nice title belt?  So now he's recklessly irresponsible with money on top of his other redneck qualities?  And if we are to believe that ROH paid for the belt then we are also supposed to buy that he is an "unrecognized" champion?  Or that they paid all this money for a belt for a storyline where the goal is to get rid of said belt they paid all this $ for?

It's very easy to believe a redneck would spend the last of his money on unnecessary bling.

But it would've been easy to say that a wealthy fan sent a package addressed to Jay at the Chicken Ranch with the belt and a note saying "I bought you this 'cause you never lost the title in the first place and you're the real champion."

Maybe Chicken used the money he got from selling his teeth to buy his brother a belt.

Then his brother got stripped of the title.

It's just like the got durn Gift Of The Magi.  Or maybe nothing at all like that.

• Like 1

I think it's great that a company reeling after one of their top guys made some ignorant homophobic comments allows the same dude to get a belt whose design apes the Confederate flag.

This is your second time in two pages reacting to the Briscoes using the confederate flag like it's something new. You do realize they've been using it for like 7 years, right?

• Like 1

Was channel surfing and discovered I get ROH Wrestling at 1:05 am on Saturday night so I watched it was an ok show I enjoyed seeing Eddie Kingston and Homicide. Altogether the show felt and im not trying to troll or talk shit I'm just being honest it comes off pretty indie the show looks like it was taped in the 80's. What I'm trying to say is the show takes itself too seriously that being said i'll probably continue watching.

I tried showing my girlfriend's 11 year old ROH as he's just over one year in to watching wrestling and I'm trying to show him different things to get his thoughts. He didn't like it because it looks too "cheap". He also doesn't like Impact/TNA because he "just doesn't like the guys there". We have gone to some local indy wrestling shows, which he enjoys, but that's just because it's live. If those shows were on TV, no way he'd watch them.

Just a little insight from a new 11 year old wrestling fan, which is who any company should be trying to hook in to watching their shows, IMO.