DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Liked the heel promo; most interesting Cole has been so far in ROH.

The blandness vibe probably comes from the first time I saw him in one of those "text for a picture" spots; he never mentioned his name and I had a lot of trouble placing exactly who he was.

Practically everyone is the same set of pre-prepared overmanufactured company lines with blatantly fake enthusiasm.  What few heel commentators remain don't know how to dial it down to a tolerable level(i.e. Corino, heel Michael Cole, JBL at times).

Practically everyone is the same set of pre-prepared overmanufactured company lines with blatantly fake enthusiasm.  What few heel commentators remain don't know how to dial it down to a tolerable level(i.e. Corino, heel Michael Cole, JBL at times).

Taz isn't nearly as bad now as he was when he first turned.

But of course he's still not what you'd call "good."

I'm a big fan of Adam Cole as World Champion. To me he's 2nd only to Okada right now.

I really believe he's one of the most complete indie talents ever, especially considering his age and experience level. He's closer to being the total package than most of the indie legends were at 24.

Anyone looking to see what Adam Cole is all about, check out his 1 Hour iron man match from PWG with Sami Callihan. It flies by, both are entertaining the entire 60 mins and it is just a great match. Evil douchebag Cole at his finest there and Callihan is no slouch either in his last match.

So the Final Battle main event is Elgin vs Cole for the ROH title.

Why the hell isn't it Briscoe vs Cole? Isn't that why he has a customized belt? Or are they going to do a triple threat match?

Damnit...they probably are.

A triple threat seems likely to me. It would make sense to add Jay I suppose, realistically he'd be there to get pinned so Elgin doesn't have to.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they went this route. Cole has already had main events on big shows this year with Briscoe and Elgin, so a 3 way sounds a bit more interesting.

So the Final Battle main event is Elgin vs Cole for the ROH title.

Why the hell isn't it Briscoe vs Cole? Isn't that why he has a customized belt? Or are they going to do a triple threat match?

Damnit...they probably are.

Or they save Cole vs. Jay for WrestleMania weekend. That was my first thought when they announced the Briscoe-less Final Battle main.