DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

They did a Legends of Wrestling set about 15 years ago, it had regular and bloody versions of guys like Eddie Gilbert, Kamala, Bruno, Ivan Koloff, etc.

U-01651Foc-500x500.jpg

Not that great but pretty cool because the set contained a lot of guys who had never gotten the action figure treatment before or since.

• Like 1

All Figures makes now are those retro Mego-style figures.  They're just going to put a Planet Of The Apes figure in camo shorts and call it Mark Briscoe.

I keep forgetting I get the TV now.  Had it on in the background while I was doing something else so had no idea that was Taven.  Knew it couldn't have been Matt Hardy cause he wasn't fat enough.

And I got the black bars on the sides but I'm pretty sure I also got bars on the top and bottom too.  The picture was proportionate but it looked really small surrounded by all that black.

Mark Briscoe vs Caprice Coleman was a solid opener this week. Does Nigel have one more match in him? I'm asking seriously cuz I wouldnt mind seeing a Tommaso-Nigel match. I'm liking Ciampa's new attitude and I like Jay Briscoe - Fighting Champion. I like to see how this plays out. They planted the seeds for a Ciampa-Jay feud while furthering The Kingdom/Briscoes feud. I also like The Kingdoms shirts. taven is still just a guy to me his look is so plain. Brutal Burgers vs Page/Whitmer was a fun tag match. I really liked that reverse Piledriver Page did to Cheeseburger. That Halloween backstage vignette  between Chicken Romantic Touch and Delirious was random and goofy I didn't like it cuz Chicken had just two segments before been beaten down by The Kingdom. As expected the Main between AJ and Sydal was really good. There was some great fighting out of moves from both men. It was a good back and forth until AJ finally got the Styles Clash on Sydal. It was a good show this week.

I am not sure how much of a work this "debut dates" are in the player profiles but had no idea that Caprice Coleman has been in the business since 1998.  Fuck we are old  

I don't think Taven is that bad in the ring but that Doomsday device move was so awful.  Mark Briscoe could have landed on his feet it was so light

I am not sure how much of a work this "debut dates" are in the player profiles but had no idea that Caprice Coleman has been in the business since 1998.  Fuck we are old  

I'm thinking '98 might have been his first match.  Coleman was around before that.  He started out in OMEGA as a referee.  He was the Hardy's first trainee, irrc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid to post in the wrestling folder anymore after making a fine point and being shouted down by the masses in the miscellaneous thread, but I've got to say:

I saw ReDragon against the Time Splitters in that recent NJPW iPPV, and holy shit, is Bobby Fish the man. He's just this fantastic heel, with the mannerisms and the hair and the whatever the hell that facial hair is. He's just an absolute natural heel. I hated him from the get-go and thought "holy shit, this guy's good."

Does everyone else see this, or is he kind of an ROH joke?

IDK much about ROH these days but agree on being impressed with him. He looked great in BOLA this year as well. Have seen a few of his matches in NOAH a long time go but don't really know much about him, except that it took him a long time to catch on in the states. I guess he's the lesser of the two in the tag team but I enjoy him even more than O'Reilly.

There've been a lot of great teams where one guy's the worker and the other guy's the personality. You can tell O'Reilly's the better guy in the ring, but Fish just has his act down. Now I've gotta play catch-up to any matches they had against the Briscoes.