DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Watching the TV show and man Prince Nana's new team of the Bloodhound Warrors was something.  If this was 1985 those guys would be pushed insane in Memphis with their massive bodies and strange looks.  But unfortunately wrong place wrong time as they really suck in the ring.  In trouble when you are expecting RD Evans and Moose to be the workhorse in the match

When I first saw that team I wanted to like them. After big fat guys, massive weird looking guys are some of my favorite wrestlers. I think if the match had been shorter and worked to hide their obvious flaws (such as the fact that they seemed to be working in slow motion) it would have been decent. Moose was fairly agile for his size.

I hadn't watched an episode of ROH tv in a very long time and I thought it was a fun show. I enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed RAW lately.

I'm also considering going to see ROH in Toledo next month. I haven't gone to a wrestling event in a long while and I'm fairly excited.

I get the impression the Bloodbound Warriors, Kongo and guys like that are an elaborate rib, just Delirious fucking with ROH fans by finding the most "non-ROH" guys he can.  Kongo was like if 80s indy wrestling was made sentient and took human form.  He would have been right at home underneath Tom Brandi vs King Kaluha.  Was Rasta the Voodoo Mon unavailable?

• Like 2

He would have been right at home underneath Tom Brandi vs King Kaluha.  Was Rasta the Voodoo Mon unavailable?

RUMBLINGS are that he was contacted, but had to decline when he found out RoH had already approached Ta-Gar, Lord of the Volcano.  Apparently, the two have a non-compete clause between them.

Edit: Am I the only person that thinks Rasta the Voodoo Mon and Chicken would be a fun tag time?  Seems a natural combination (I think they use chickens in voodoo.  Not sure).

He would have been right at home underneath Tom Brandi vs King Kaluha.  Was Rasta the Voodoo Mon unavailable?

RUMBLINGS are that he was contacted, but had to decline when he found out RoH had already approached Ta-Gar, Lord of the Volcano.  Apparently, the two have a non-compete clause between them.

Edit: Am I the only person that thinks Rasta the Voodoo Mon and Chicken would be a fun tag time?  Seems a natural combination (I think they use chickens in voodoo.  Not sure).

The gimmick would only work so long, since Rasta would eventually have to behead Chicken and give his blood as an offering to the loa.

• Like 2

I get the impression the Bloodbound Warriors, Kongo and guys like that are an elaborate rib, just Delirious fucking with ROH fans by finding the most "non-ROH" guys he can.  Kongo was like if 80s indy wrestling was made sentient and took human form. 

This elaborate rib theory has merit.

• Like 1

Just got back from the Lakeland TV tapings.

Holy moly is four episodes of television a lot to sit through. I was excited to see my first ever ROH show and it was fun but very long.

Elgin is back. Did some "I'm not gonna do what ROH wants me to do gimmick..." Crowd wasn't feeling it at all. He came out in street clothes for his match. Crowd shit on it.

Adam Cole\ sydal is good

Styles\hanson was awesome

Ach\lethal was very good

#demboys are great!

Whitimer shouldn't be on TV in street clothes. Just looks like a normal dude.

Cheeseburger I guess is this eras spike dudley.

The level of BO on the fans was pretty intense too. We actually moved seats because of fan funk.

Pretty packed house in an interesting venue. Looking forward to seeing how it comes across on TV.

• Like 1

ROH needs to start shooting in HD.  I don't know about you guys but my local affiliate stretches it instead of just putting bars on the side of the screen.  So Jay Lethal looks thick as fuck, like 2/3 Rusev.  And the Blodbound Warriors look like The Hulk.

They've been shooting in HD for a while now. The affiliates in my area don't stretch the show, everything looks pretty much like it should on the HD channel.