DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

It's not thru youtube.   But like I said, you can watch it for free thru their site.  Get an HDMI cable and hook your computer to your tv. 

Computer and TV too far away. Not that big of a deal, though. For $8, I thought I might try a month -- you also get a lot of their archive stuff, supposedly.

Jado & Gedo vs Brisco Brother please. Oh btw Briscos vs Hardys for OMEGA in April.

Saw that second match advertised today. As a fan of the old OMEGA (and Matt Hardy), I'm wondering how this version of OMEGA is panning out so far.

From what I've been able to gather from their website, each of their shows are advertised as a fundraiser for some school or civic organization.  The reviews sound like it's the Hardys and their local "name" friends (CW Anderson, Shane Helms, probably Shannon Moore) plus a couple Mid-Atlantic indy guys. I'd go to the April show if I didn't have to work on Saturday nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Jado & Gedo vs Brisco Brother please. Oh btw Briscos vs Hardys for OMEGA in April.

Saw that second match advertised today. As a fan of the old OMEGA (and Matt Hardy), I'm wondering how this version of OMEGA is panning out so far.

From what I've been able to gather from their website, each of their shows are advertised as a fundraiser for some school or civic organization.  The reviews sound like it's the Hardys and their local "name" friends (CW Anderson, Shane Helms, probably Shannon Moore) plus a couple Mid-Atlantic indy guys. I'd go to the April show if I didn't have to work on Saturday nights.

Working Saturday nights is the reason I missed the old OMEGA, and now the new one.  I still remember those flyers posted all over State campus.

I saw a trailer for Cornette's latest shoot on ROH, about what's wrong with ROH.  What was the plan he talked about that he came up with that led to Sinclair buying the company?

EDIT:  Nevermind, sounds like it was "make ROH into OVW"

Yes, that's basically what it was. It sounded like a good plan too but Sinclair was too cheap and let Greg the office boy destroy the company.

Financially, Cornette's plan made a lot of sense. It'd be better than that shitty Baltimore venue that looks awful on TV. At least they've started doing TV tapings at practically every show these past five months. Makes it hard to want to spend $15 on the VOD when you practically get 5 out of the 7 matches on TV.

I was the first to get annoyed by Corino's commentary in the past, but him leaving the broadcast table during an ongoing match to get coffee for Adam Cole was pretty funny.  What a gloriously shameless stooge.

Good Lord. I have been out of it for awhile, but the last time I paid attention ROH was giving him everything. He was indulging himself in crazy, needlessly long main events and headlining shows and whatnot.

I wonder what he could possibly have wanted that they refused to grant? More money, I guess. . .

Sorry if I'm late on this but Davey Richards is in MED SCHOOL? Why would anyone smart enough to get into med school decide that his style of pro wrestling is good for the body?

I thought he was training to be a paramedic. Way different standards than medical school.

I was just going by what he said in the interview. Paramedic training seems more likely, especially given how much free time he seems to have. I can't imagine a med school student having time to wrestle at the local armory, much less for TNA or ROH.

Davey is def a paramedic. I can't figure out a way to type this without sounding like an asshole, but I met him through a promoter I know and he posts on Facebook about saving lives, especially saving kids, as meaning the world to him.

This, of course, was before he signed with TNA.

God ... I hate Davey Richards; not because of the usual reasons, but because, as noble as that is - being a paramedic and all - I want to say this really funny thing (to me, anyway) - "I bet he makes sure to get all his spots in while doing CPR," harharhar - but I feel like an asshole.

To be fair, one of these could jumpstart the most flatlined of hearts.

10338%20-%20Border_Wars%20Davey_Richards

So the Davey Richards Double Stomp is his version of Randy Savage reviving Hulk Hogan via Top Rope Elbow?

Okay, stupid question: There's no way to watch the Friday night New Orleans show live on streaming video, right?  There's a Bleacher Report article that refers to the show as an iPPV, but it doesn't look like it is.

SUPERCARD OF HONOR VIII RESULTS:

1.) Roderick Strong def. Cedric Alexander

2.) BJ Whtmer, Jimmy Jacobs, & Adam Page def. Andrew Everett & Adrenaline RUSH

Truth Martini called out Matt Taven, then hit him with the Book of Truth

3.) RD Evans def. Silas Young by Dusty Finish DQ

4.) Mike Bennett def. Mark Briscoe via ref stoppage in a no-DQ match

5.) reDRagon def. Forever Hooligans & Hanson/Rowe in a 3 way

6.) Jay Lethal def. Tomasso Ciampa in a 2/3 Falls Match to win the TV title, turning heel and joining Truth Martini in the process

7.)  Michael Elgin def. Kevin Steen

8.) Adam Cole def. Jay Briscoe to become the undisputed RoH World Champion in a Ladder War with help from Bennet & Matt Hardy

• Like 1