DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

so apparently Joe Koff got caught with his foot in his mouth on a radio show regarding the Matt Hardy/Reby Sky incident. No idea what he actually said but apparently it was enough for him to provide the "i have to apologize because Sinclair is a publicly traded company" apology

I heard Joe's brother Jack was particularly embarrassed. Especially given the recent death of their Russian uncle on the Koff side, Rotchaka.*

*Of leprosy, why do you ask?

Results from tonights 12th Anniversary show

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3451&start=280

ROH 12th Anniversary 
February 21st, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Estimated attendance: 600-700
pics at http://wp.me/p1rVA2-8NG

Pre Show match
Caprice Coleman def Amasis with a top-rope leg lariat

Cary and Kevin Kelly are in the ring. Kevin Kelly asks Philly fans to watch the "language" and the "middle fingers" for the cameras. Scarlett Boarduex is the ring announcer due to Bobby Cruise not being at the show. 

10 bell salute for the passing of Ryu Nakata.

Main show

Matt Taven def Silas Young with a frog splash
- Young attacked Matt after the bell. Truth Martini came out and mocked Matt until he got chased away. 

THE DECADE (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) def Mark Briscoe, Adam Page & Cedric Alexander when Whitmer pins Page after the 'All Seeing Eye' finisher
- Post match Whitmer and Corino had words. 

ROH World TV Championship
"Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa def 2014 Top Prospect Tournament Winner Hanson with Project Ciampa to retain

Michael Elgin def Raymond Rowe with the Elgin Bomb

Jay Briscoe def Mike Bennett with the Jay Driller
- Adam Cole had come out to try to distract Briscoe

ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDRagon def ACH & Tadarius Thomas when O'Reilly makes ACH tap

First Time Ever in Ring Of Honor
"Phenomenal" AJ Styles def Jay Lethal with the Styles Clash
- Big pop for AJ
- 'Fire Russo' chants broke out

Outlaw Inc made their return. They tell Scarlett to get out of the ring. "Get out of the ring whore" says Kingston. They claim they will be adding a member. 

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole def "Knockout Artist" Chris Hero with a roll up
- Nigel said Bennett, Maria, Jay, and Elgin had left and that there would be a clear winner
- during a ref bump, Hero had Cole pinned and submitted him. 

UNSANCTIONED Philly Street Fight
Kevin Steen def Cliff Compton with a package piledriver on a ladder
- During the match Compton nearly pulled a Sabu and dove off a chair over the top rope onto Steen. His foot barely missed getting caught.
- post match Steen says he wants the ROH Title.
- Outlaw Inc was on the ramp cheering for Steen

We'll have more details shortly, but the big announcement by ROH today is that several of the main stars of New Japan Pro Wrestling will be coming to shows in Toronto and New York.

Names in the video for the show were Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Gedo, Jado and Kushida.

I believe the two shows are May 10 in Toronto and May 17 in New York at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

Yeah, that list of names would most certianly get me to an RoH show.  I'd imagine it'd be a Chaos vs. the other two plus an RoH rep, or something that sees Okada and Tanahashi on opposite sides of a tag match with someone to eat the fall, because sure as shit the IWGP Hvy or the IC champ aren't dropping a fall in the States.  

Aside from the announcement about the New Japan talent I guess they also announced that there is talks of Action Figures & Trading Cards.

Those are things that are targeted for children and with ROH TV being on at 1 or 2 on Friday and Saturdays I doubt many kids are watching. That being said I might buy a Briscoe Brothers set if it was resonabley priced.

Yeah, that list of names would most certianly get me to an RoH show.  I'd imagine it'd be a Chaos vs. the other two plus an RoH rep, or something that sees Okada and Tanahashi on opposite sides of a tag match with someone to eat the fall, because sure as shit the IWGP Hvy or the IC champ aren't dropping a fall in the States.  

Is there really anyone in ROH these days that should go over Tanahashi or Okada (or Nakamura, for that matter)?  The idea that Tanahashi is going to eat a pin for Kevin Steen or Bobby Fish is... just no. No.

That said, if NJ sends some decently big names, I'll probably go to my first ROH show since early 2007.

The though of Okada taking Steen's head off with a Rainmaker is now making me giddy.

As well as Nakamura Boma Ye'ing Fish's head into the upper deck.

That said, AJ Styles and Chris Hero could concivibly go over... Kushida.

Aside from the announcement about the New Japan talent I guess they also announced that there is talks of Action Figures & Trading Cards.

Those are things that are targeted for children and with ROH TV being on at 1 or 2 on Friday and Saturdays I doubt many kids are watching. That being said I might buy a Briscoe Brothers set if it was resonabley priced.

I'd think that anything they license like action figures or trading cards would be marketed to people who go to their events; mostly adults in their 20's-early 30's, it would be like a collector's toy line or something, I can't see them going the ECW route and making things aimed at kids.

That being said, I have no idea who ROH's real target audience is anymore, I know it isn't the same audience they had during their heyday but I also highly doubt that little kids are clamoring to see BJ Whitmer, Michael Elgin, and Roderick Strong.

I'd think that anything they license like action figures or trading cards would be marketed to people who go to their events; mostly adults in their 20's-early 30's, it would be like a collector's toy line or something, I can't see them going the ECW route and making things aimed at kids.

That being said, I have no idea who ROH's real target audience is anymore, I know it isn't the same audience they had during their heyday but I also highly doubt that little kids are clamoring to see BJ Whitmer, Michael Elgin, and Roderick Strong.

I think their fanbase is still largely the same type of wrestling fan, just probably different people. Whether or not they're trying to target a larger audience, I have no idea.

Has anyone been to an ROH show @ Hammerstein? I have to see Liger live so I will be catching a bus up there. Question, I want the upper seats so I can get a good view. Don't want to be on the floor trying to see things. Person with me isn't that tall. Which seat should I buy?

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/051713-hammerstein-ballroom-nyc